“Ticks all the boxes”
Review of Coweys Corner

Coweys Corner
Ranked #1 of 7 Berea B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 4, 2011

I stayed at Cowey's Corner for 4 nights in Feb as I was over visiting my daughter who is in Durban for 3 months. I chose it on the basis it was only 2 blocks away from where my daughter was staying and seemed a reasonable nightly rate compared to others I looked at. It was a bit of an unknown quantity so I was unsure what to expect but in the event it was a great choice.
The place itself is a self contained 4 bedroomed detached villa located next door to the owner's home. My room was simply furnished, clean with an efficient air con system. It had a spacious bathroom whith both a bath & separate walk in shower. The bedroom was quiet too so I had no problem sleeping:)
There's a nice dining area where a breakfast of your choice was served by the friendly housekeeper and a really large kitchen (with an honesty bar), which I was welcomed to use if I wanted to cook or make a drink etc.
Outside there was a long shaded veranda that ran the length of the house. The place itself was secure, in a nice area close to shops/cafes and a restaurants. (check out The Market a couple of minutes away) and it's around a 10 minute level walk to Florida Road (there's some pretty steep roads around Durban).
The big plus was how helpful & flexible the owners were - as no one was coming in after me they were fine about me checking out late in the day and they were also quite ok about my daughter coming to visit and hang out with me out on the veranda or in my room.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank LornaBA
There are newer reviews for Coweys Corner

Also consider these accommodations in or near Berea
Hilton Durban
City Lodge Hotel Durban
#17 of 43 in Durban
Roosfontein Bed and Breakfast
Goble Palms Guest Lodge & Urban Retreat

Been to Coweys Corner? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Coweys Corner

Address: 42 Robarts Road, off Cowey Road | Morningside, Berea, Durban 4000, South Africa
Location: South Africa > KwaZulu-Natal > Durban > Berea
Bar / Lounge Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites
Ranked #1 of 7 B&Bs / Inns in Berea
Price Range: $60 - $81 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Coweys Corner 4*
Coweys Corner is a beautifully restored spacious guest house. Ideally situated in Durban’s popular suburb of Berea. All rooms are en-suite with DSTV and wireless internet through-out the house. Full English breakfast included and we are situated close to a number of food and grocery outlets, and our a large kitchen may be used for self catering. You can make an advance request for provision of dinners. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Coweys Corner reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.