“Fantastic.....”

Ranked #1 of 6 Berea B&B and Inns
Durban, South Africa
“Fantastic.....”
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I stayed here for almost a month, and immediately was made to feel like part of the family. Nothing was too much trouble...
One of the nicest areas in town, great location. Close to some fantastic restaurants and local supermarket.
Having spent so much time here I have seem all the rooms, and all are just as nice in real life! The breakfast was great and the girls always left a chocolate on your pillow.
The access to a fully equipped kitchen really made staying in easy. Access to wifi in the rooms, a luxury in Durban, and the satellite TV also a great addition.
All in all a fantastic option for anyone staying in Durban...
Thanks to everyone at Coweys for the effort and time taken to make my stay enjoyable and easy!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank edward053

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2011

I stayed at Cowey's Corner for 4 nights in Feb as I was over visiting my daughter who is in Durban for 3 months. I chose it on the basis it was only 2 blocks away from where my daughter was staying and seemed a reasonable nightly rate compared to others I looked at. It was a bit of an unknown quantity so I was unsure what to expect but in the event it was a great choice.
The place itself is a self contained 4 bedroomed detached villa located next door to the owner's home. My room was simply furnished, clean with an efficient air con system. It had a spacious bathroom whith both a bath & separate walk in shower. The bedroom was quiet too so I had no problem sleeping:)
There's a nice dining area where a breakfast of your choice was served by the friendly housekeeper and a really large kitchen (with an honesty bar), which I was welcomed to use if I wanted to cook or make a drink etc.
Outside there was a long shaded veranda that ran the length of the house. The place itself was secure, in a nice area close to shops/cafes and a restaurants. (check out The Market a couple of minutes away) and it's around a 10 minute level walk to Florida Road (there's some pretty steep roads around Durban).
The big plus was how helpful & flexible the owners were - as no one was coming in after me they were fine about me checking out late in the day and they were also quite ok about my daughter coming to visit and hang out with me out on the veranda or in my room.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank LornaBA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berea
Hilton Durban
#7 of 43 in Durban
Centre Court B&B
Centre Court B&B
#19 of 250 in Durban

Been to Coweys Corner? Share your experiences!