“Keep driving”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Kingman
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Choice hotels and the comfort inn chain are usually very good clean hotels, not this one. Dust about 1/2 inch thick in the corners of the room, mold in the shower and where cleanliness matters most the bed sheets and the bed spreads had stains on them. The chairs and the carpets also stained. There really is no excuse for this kind of house keeping, management needs to pay more attention to detail. Until they address these issues do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2012

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed with small dog on a Sunday night (24 September). When quoted the rate of $89 plus $20 for the dog it seemed high as the other nearby hotels advertised rates starting in th $40 range but I was tired and didn't want to risk running into "no dog" policies. They put me in room 211. It was mostly clean except for the chairs which had multiple stains. Perhaps because it was a pet friendly room??? All was well until I attempted to plug in my cell phone charger. There was a tremendous "zap" noise accompanied by a moderately large puff of smoke and a huge spark. Everything went dark. My hand hurt a little as I gathered my belonings by the light of my cell phone. I went down to the front desk to inform them. They were nice enough but did not offer to take a report or anything. DIdn't even say "sorry." In the light of the lobby, I noticed that the knuckles on right hand were scorched with some grey soot like material and there was a small blister on my finger. They moved me to another room that was nearly identical (stained chairs and all). The king bed was very hard and I was terribly uncomfortable. The breakfast in the morning was fine. Again, I informed the day person of my difficulty and she said "oh no" but again no apology or anything! Really! My hand had stopped hurting by this time and the blister had shrunk. I realize I was not mortally wounded but they could have acted liked they cared a little bit. I would not stay again and would check the other nearby hotels.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank ArmyLori
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This hotel is older but reasonably clean. Cloth chairs in room were stained. Computer in lobby not working. Internet connection absolutely terrible. Ironing board and iron missing from room. Otherwise okay.

Room Tip: Several newer/nicer hotels nearby and at nearby exits.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is a fine hotel for an overnight stay on the way to somewhere else. The rooms are clean and it has a decent pool. There are several good restaurants close by. It'a location is right off the interstate which makes it good for an overnight stop.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I just checked out of The Days Inn in Kingman, AZ when a cockroach crawled out of the sheets---go the The Comfort Inn in Kingman. It's the second time I"ve stayed here and it's great. I actually thought I was making a repeat reservation when I mistakenly made the reservation at the Days Inn---What a mistake. So, Stay at The Comfort Inn and don't set foot into Days Inn!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Kathleen B
Reviewed June 24, 2012

For an overnight place to stay during a road trip, we were pleasantly surprised. The military discount rate offered was 1/2 the cost of the two closest properties. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, but it had those mini-pillows we've been encountering. What's up with that? The vanity counter had a fair amount of room and the tub/shower was spacious with nice ledges for shampoo bottles that didn't cause things to slide off. The breakfast was slightly above average for facilities in this price range, fresh fruit, yougart, clean well maintained waffle station, etc.. We'll stay here again on our next road trip through Kingman.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jmcdermon
Reviewed April 12, 2012

This hotel is conveniently located to the interstate, yet far enough away that noise is not an issue. There are restaurants within walking distance as well. While the motel next door is a little sketchy, at no time did my daughter or I feel uncomfortable staying here. Our room was a good size and the beds were comfortable. The continental breakfast was more than adequate and it was constantly monitored by the staff. I would stay here again if the opportunity arose.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family