“Excellent service.....needs cleaning and an upgrade.”

Days Inn Kingman East
Ranked #24 of 28 Hotels in Kingman
Reviewed May 1, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I truly almost never write bad reviews. This is maybe my second ever. That being said, this is literally the worst place I've ever stayed. My husband and I are on a cross country road trip and just needed somewhere no frills to sleep for the night. This is NOT the place.

Very unsafe atmosphere. All rooms have outside entry and lots of "long term" residents sitting outside their rooms smoking in beach chairs...this should have been the first warning sign.

Room itself is dated but spacious. Bathtub was dirty- literally had dirt streaks and had hair in drain. Internet is described as high speed but barely worked. Hair dryer in room was broken. Upon calling front desk, they laughed, said sorry and hung up.

If it wasn't so late, we'd leave immediately. There is a note inside the room saying establishment "truly" cares about their customers comfort. This is the worst establishment I've ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Do NOT stay here
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Sometimes you can make allowances for a place being "old" - like a 1930's auto court or a 1950's Classic Motel. Even the 1970's have some charms, but this place hasn't seen an update since then, by the looks of it. Unfortunately, it ain't that way in the interest of nostalgia at the Days Inn East.

I can't speak of the quality of the one on the west side of town and that's probably why the reviews are so mixed here.

We stopped in Kingman on the way from Vegas to the Grand Canyon, like so many other travelers. We had heard that there were some classic old-school motels around but the ones we saw looked a bit tired and sketchy, so we figured we'd just go to a Days Inn, since we've had good experiences at ones in Asheville, NC and elsewhere. You know: nothing really deluxe but an inexpensive, clean comfortable room.

While we didn't see any cucurachas, we sure could believe that they were close by. I don't know if the young woman at the desk was rude, or just had as much personality as a brine shrimp - I guess indifference is indifference. We should have skedaddled when we were told that our room was $60 when the sign outside said $35.

The bedstand light was missing its bulb. Upon asking, she rustled around in a box and produced a replacement, which she handed to me without a word. The toilet didn't work well and needed replacing. I honestly pulled up the sheets off the mattress to make sure there were no "unwanted guests".

The wifi didn't work. The TV was a relic from the 1990's. Bathroom tiles really needed a good scrubbing. The "free breakfast" looked to be doughnuts and coffee. We went down the street to a Denny's.

Overall, this place looked like the kind of room folks rent by the hour, if you know what I mean.

Look elsewhere. The rest of our trip was great, despite this inauspicious start.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2013

The room was nice. The bed was comfortable and the room clean. I wouldn't have a problem stating here again. However, the road noise was a bit much at times. I turned on the fan to drown it out. Breakfast was juice, cereal and frozen waffles.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stayed for one night at this place on the Grand Canyon/ Route 66/ Las Vegas leg of our road trip. Nothing glamorous about it but fine for a stopover, very nice friendly staff at reception, decent breakfast to get you going again in the morning and the room was spacious, clean and quiet. If you want a good Route 66 photo there's a painted shield on the road right outside. Vegas is only a couple of hours away so that was handy too.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I love the hotel and the location also the fact that I was able to take my dog. the room was very clean the service was excelent this is the 4th or 5th time I stayed there. the only thing was the bath room area is in need of repair. the faucet was hard to operate and broken the tv remote work only when you pressed in a different manner even then i got out of bed to turn it off could not do with the remote. those are minor inconveniences and I will stay there again thank you

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business