“Outstanding, once again!”

Best Western Plus King's Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Kingman
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 2, 2013

My teenage son and I spent our Thanksgiving vacation at the King's Inn again this year. And, just like last year, it was awesome. For me, a hotel is just a place to sleep and shower, so it's the little things that make the difference to me.

The service at King's Inn isn't a "little thing", though. There's just no way to express how wonderful the entire staff is - everyone from housekeeping to the desk clerks to the gals who handle breakfast - everyone we have ever encountered here is incredibly friendly. (Maybe it's something in the water in Kingman - we've never encountered anyone anywhere in the city who wasn't smiling and friendly.)

I adore the beds - which had 3-4 NICE pillows on each, plus a big bolster. That was a lovely thing for me, since I like to use my laptop in bed. And, of course, the REAL coffee mugs and glasses in the rooms, plus the recycling bins (in the room and outside, in the walkways). The breakfast was still awesome. Maybe TOO awesome, since it was always packed this time. LOL

I've read many of the other reviews, so I want to take a minute to touch on a couple of the things that have been said, and our experiences with them.

The earliest housekeeping ever knocked was 8:30am. We were just waking up, so they came back later. The next night, I put the "do not disturb" sign on the door and everything was fine. The housekeepers are very quiet as they do their rounds - if you didn't see the cart outside a room, you'd never even know they were there. My son left his phone charger when we checked out, and one of the gals very kindly let him back into the room to get it. She was really sweet about it and we greatly appreciated her help.

Either there were a lot more trains going through this year, or we just spent a lot more time in our room, but I did notice a LOT of trains. However, I could only hear them when I was awake and then the sound was just a low rumble, as if way in the distance. (They're not "way" in the distance, but the rooms are VERY well sound-proofed.) There were no train whistles, and the noise certainly wasn't enough to keep me awake or to wake me up. Our room (one of the "family suites") was at the back of the hotel, so we were about as close as any room could get to the tracks. Frankly, by our final night there, I found the rumble from the trains quite soothing.

I overheard several travelers again this year say that they always stay at King's Inn; or that they were visiting relatives who always recommend the hotel. I know I will always stay here when I travel to Kingman, and I will always recommend it to everyone I know who stays in town.

Room Tip: If you're a really light sleeper and can't handle the train rumble, ask for a room up front...

Reviewed November 28, 2013

The staff was very friendly and answered all of our questions. The breakfast was good with many different choices to choose from. Would stay here again if I were to pass thru again. It is like in the middle of of everything. A little over an hrs. drive to the Grand Canyon and to Las Vegas. Recommend it to all travelers.

1  Thank Peggy C
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We're talking Kingman here, no Ritz in this town. You may be like us, traviling through town, in our case, with dogs. The room was clean, large and affordable and they only charged us an additional $8 for the dogs. Not a quiet town (trains nearby), the room was very quite. The shower in the bathroom was huge (for a hotel) with lovely tile and a seat. I've stayed in some awful hotels in Kingman (stay away with those with numbers in the name). This Best Western was a winner for what one expects in a "stay over one night town" like this. Free wifi too. Zero complaints. Dogs were quite pleased!

1  Thank AndrewRodney
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This hotel was excellant! The staff, the rooms, the beds, I didn't want to leave! Even the breakfast was very satisfying with a great selection and extremely helpful and upbeat women on staff. There are 2 Best Westerns within about a block of each other and this one is by far the better one. The other one has very musty with out-dated rooms and front desk staff. These people are extremely helpful, courteous and welcoming. Paul especially was outstanding! The only downfall was the r-e-a-l-l-y slow computers and the night auditor seemed pretty clueless about them and the ice cold air blowing on me. Whenever I get a response of "We've never gotten that complaint before", its usually an admission of cluelessness and poor customer service instead of just acknowledging the issue and fixing it. I was also not a fan of their water softner that feels slimy and unclean but otherwise it was great!

Room Tip: First floor was very comfortable right by my car!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank AngelaGNM
Reviewed November 21, 2013

This hotel was exceedingly comfortable and just what we needed after a long days drive. I found the staff was very friendly and the room was very comfortable. The bed was a king size and very comfortable which allowed us a great nights sleep. Our room was a pet friendly room and was very clean.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Peter L
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Everything was very clean and comfortable with the exception that our room didn't get cleaned the day after the first night we stayed there and we had problems with the wI Fy. Other than the two mentioned above it was a very nice place to stay and we would stay there again when we are in Kingman

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Recently remodeled, large tiled shower (no tub) good coffee and breakfast with waffles and fresh fruit. friendly staff, comfortable king bed, CLC accepted. Close to interstate. Beautiful mountains surrounding the city.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms have outside access
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business