“Fabulous”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Wisconsin
“Fabulous”
Reviewed July 10, 2008

This is a great hotel. The junior suite rooms are very large and the beds are so comfortable - if only all hotel rooms were like this! They have a super pool and spa area as well. The breakfast was amazing - make your own waffles with fresh strawberries, yogurt, fresh fruit cup with melons, oranges, pineapple, etc., as well as real doughnuts, bagels, toasts, cereals, juices, teas, coffees, etc. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our visit here a lot and wished we could have stayed longer.

• Liked — Excellent breakfast, friendly staff, nice pool, comfortable room
  • Disliked — The a/c thermostat was not functioning properly so the room got cold overnight.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 14, 2008

This hotel was incredibly clean and up to date. The beds were firm with enough give to avoid the backache that some hotel beds give me. There wasn't a spot of dirt or dust anywhere. In other locations I have had to stay at a Hilton to get the quality of this hotel.

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — I could not book a ground floor room for the next week.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed May 23, 2008

I stayed two nights at the Best Western Kings Inn & Suites, Kingman. I have stayed at other Best Westerns (the one in downtown Lake Havasu is hideous--avoid it at ALL costs!) and have not been impressed but as my company booked this hotel for a business trip, I had no choice.

I arrived at dinnertime and the check in went quickly. The night desk clerk (don't remember his name but he was the only man on duty) recommended a couple of very good restaurants (try the Mexican place within 100 yards of the hotel...the salsa is to die for! and the fajitas are good) to us and was extremely pleasant and helpful. I could not say that for the female desk clerks who were rather brusque.

The queen bed in the room was not only clean, it was the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in and I have massive lower back and hip issues. The area was pretty quiet and well lit. The room itself is clean and has convenient internet access. They even provide separate beach towels if you want to use the pool (I did not).

Breakfast is free and very good although the dining area is a bit cramped. The lobby is lovely and welcoming (coffee and donuts available most all day) and stocked with free USA Todays.

The only thing I did not like about the Best Western Kings Inn & Suites was the heavy smokey smell in my room upon arrival. Even though I was in a non-smoking room, I could still smell stale cigarette smoke. But it vanished quickly when I opened a window and turned on the fan.

The next time I go to Kingman, I will most certainly stay here if I have a choice.

• Liked — comfy bed
  • Disliked — smokey smell in the room
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed April 22, 2008

I stayed there for one night (April 13) since I was on the way from Phoenix to Las Vegas with my young children. I had booked in advance, and due to a mistake by their reservation system, I was able to reserve the family suite for the same price as their king bed room. Needless to say, I had a wonderful room. They informed me of the mistake upon check-in, but they honored the rate, since it was their mistake.

Check in was very fast, and although it was late at night, there were plenty parking spaces available. The family suite consists of two rooms: the main room with two queen beds and a second room with two double beds. The beds and pillows were comfortable, and the room was very clean.

Both rooms have flat screen tvs, which surprised us. The bathroom has a double sink vanity, with a separate area for the bathtub and toilet. The bathtub has some ugly green tiles, but otherwise it's ok. The room also had a refrigerator and microwave, although we did not use them.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again, even if I have to pay the regular rate for the family suite. We all absolutely loved it!!

• Liked — Everything. Excellent room!!!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank maythefal
Kingman, Arizona
Reviewed January 25, 2008

We stayed in Kingman because we couldn't get rooms at a reasonable rate in Laughlin (New Years' Eve).

The motel was excellent and the continental breakfast was just fine for us (although the dining room was cramped and we had to wait for a few items to show up from the kitchen - what do you want for 'complimentary'?).

The room was excellent and located right on a main street near a freeway offramp.

The staff was very helpful, when the wife asked for an extra pillow the attendant at the desk retrieved it himself and put a new cover on it before handing it to her.

We'd stay here again, the price was right (around $70/night) and in a good location.

• Liked — Clean rooms and good/simple breakfast.
  • Disliked — If you came in late, parking was limited (although available)
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CaAz-JT
Reviewed January 2, 2008

We stayed here one night on our way home to California and it was awful.
Our first choice is always the Holiday Inn Express, but unfortunately, it was full.
Our room had this terrible tapping noise so the front desk moved us to another room. After getting settled down in that room, we realized it was stuff blowing around on the roof, so there was no escaping the noise. Then the train went by every 20 minutes and shook the whole room. I felt like I was in a bad episode of I Love Lucy! Did I mention the place is old and the beds are hard?
So... if the Hoilday Inn Express is full when you pull in, I recommend to keep on driving.

• Liked — Lady at the front desk was very nice.
  • Disliked — Next to the railroad track and noisy room.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank backsnaps
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed December 31, 2007

This was my second stay at the Kings Inn BW in the last year. The reservation was correct, the check-in was fast and friendly, and best of all, the room was cleaner than my own room at home - the true mark of a great evening in a hotel room. If you want to have the hotel breakfast, get there early, because on a busy weekend (like when I stayed) the breakfast room can be a little crowded. (But I didn't come for the food.)

• Liked — The clean, quiet room.
  • Disliked — The crowded breakfast service room.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled solo