“Great location for pets!”

Best Western Plus King's Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Kingman
GreenLeadersSilver level
Las Vegas
“Great location for pets!”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We had 6 rooms for a family trip to Kingman for the weekend. We choose this hotel for the location and the fact they were Pet Friendly. The pet room (106) needed carpets cleaned from the last pet there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwkingsinn, Owner at Best Western Plus King's Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for your comments on your stay in room 106. I appreciate your feed back and will look into the issue with the carpet that you mentioned. We do try to monitor the pet rooms very closely and it seems that this one got past us. I do apologize for that oversight and will review our procedure with the cleaning staff to ensure that it does not happen again. Thank you again for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Had a bit of a hiccup initially with being given keys to wrong room, but one trip to front desk solved issue. Room was very comfortable and I appreciated having bathroom window that actually opens. Definitely plan to stay here for future visits.

• Stayed November 2012
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We took a Dog Road Trip to the West Coast. Of all the hotels we stayed, this was THE BEST! Rooms were super clean and beautifully decorated. None of that shuffling you off to the "old, dirty" end of the hotel just because you travel with your 4-footed friends. Do wish they'd drop the added pet charge, though. Staff was great , even though we did a super late check in.Still greeted with a friendly, welcome attitude.

• Stayed October 2012
bwkingsinn, Owner at Best Western Plus King's Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your comments on your stay here, we do try to keep our pet fee as reasonable as possible at $8.00 because we do give the room additional attention to keep the rooms up to the standards that we have for all our rooms. Again thank for your comments it provides us with feedback that we can use to improve our guests experience in the future.
Palm Desert, California
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We found this hotel to be very nice with a friendly staff. I was traveling with a friend who smoked and got her own room. I can say that the smoking rooms definatley have a heavey some oder. while the no-smoking room I had had a very fresh scent. Both were very clean and comfortable. The road is busy but I did not notice the noise once inside my room. I did hear the trains. They have a nice comp. breakfast bar, and a clean pool and indoor spa. (winter months the pool is closed) There are two restaurants . one on either side of the hotel (not conected). I recomend the mexican one, Oysters. The other coffeshop kinda place was horible.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Redondo Beach, California, United States
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This hotel is an absolute joke. Very rude staff & owner. After I had a very mediocre stay they called me two days later to inform me they were going to charge me $140 for a pillow (this isn't the Hyatt, no pillow is that expensive at a best western) that they though my dog had chewed up. They also said they used black lights before & after my stay and found urine stains from my pet. Once I was talking to the condescending assistant, he hung up on me. He had stated that a supervisor checks the room prior to a guest staying, and also after they checkout. He also told me that I should be taking pictures of everything before and after I leave so I have proof if anything gets damaged, because (as he stated) "that's what he would do". When I had told him that I contacted my credit card company to dispute the charge for the pillow, he told me that I was threatening him and then he hung up on me which is highly unprofessional. I immediately called back and requested him and I was told he wasn't in the office, in which case I informed the receptionist that he just hung up on me and I knew he was in the office. At that point he got on the phone with me again and denied hanging up on me. I had been completely disrespected and mistreated by your staff. The owner told me that he was going to take a picture of the pillow and email it to me, which never happened. When I left the room there was no damage to the pillow and everything was in order. I called 3 times for the owner to contact me over the phone, and he never did. He emailed me with ridiculous claims about his hotel being the industry standard and that no matter what, I needed to pay for the "damages". They never proved that the damage was even from my room. They called me days later to inform me, which is also bogus considering other customers could have stayed in the hotel after my stay. Overall, horrible service, unprofessional staff, and a very dishonest owner.

Room Tip: Go to the Holiday Inn Express, save yourself horrible service & dishonest management.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank RobSurf
bwkingsinn, Owner at Best Western Plus King's Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
I do remember this guest and I did send him the photos of the damage as well as a copy of the invoice for the pillow in question, I also offered to send him the pillow. I do believe everyone should be responsible for the damage they cause as this enables us to keep our prices reasonable for the guests that do not cause damage. Best Western is leading the industry in the use of black lights. We do use a black light on the check out of all pet rooms as all guests are entitled to a clean room. I am sorry if you felt that I or my staff treated you rudely but it is never a pleasant task to bring these matters to the attention of those responsible.
Helsinki
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This Best Western Inn is not a motel, more like a hotel and a very nice one. It offers big rooms, nice breakfast, clean, good value. There is a nice restaurant next door.

Only negative side is the location: outside the town by a busy road.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Turo50
bwkingsinn, Owner at Best Western Plus King's Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for your comments, I do appreciate hearing your feed back. We value your opinions and will be using the feedback to help us continue to meet our guests expectations.
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed at this hotel as part of a roadtrip and just booked it as a one night stopover. We were really pleasantly surprised though at the value for money here, the rooms were clean and spacious and the beds were really comfortable. Also the service was excellent. The breakfast was delicious with plenty of choice too and really set us up for the next leg of our trip.
I would highly recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple