WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Kingman
Orlando, Florida
“Beautiful Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

I'm not keen to staying in hotels that don't require an elevator and indoor entry to get to your room but since I already had the room booked I had no choice and it did have great reviews. I was not let down and I never felt that my safety was compromised, if you've read my other reviews I was traveling alone and being a young female it was obviously important. The lobby was very inviting with the cozy little fireplace separating the lobby and breakfast area. The staff checking me in and out were very informative and helpful, they showed me where my room was on a little map and which staircase to use to get there. The room was very nice, modern and cozy all at the same time and very spacious. The air unit in the room had a covering on it so the lights wouldn't bother, I had to cover the alarm clock with a jacket as I like sleeping in pitch black dark. Breakfast was great the next morning as well, don't forget to bring a tip for the servers keeping the area clean, they have a tip box in the dining area and actually do a great job of keeping the buffet full and tables clean. I will be back considering this hotel is close to Route 66 and I have some exploring to do next time I'm in the area. Great stay overall.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Korean first
BEDFORD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

Last time I visited Kingman, it seemed to be full of cheap hotel on one long road. Since then Kingman has exploded, with lots more hotels, houses and shops. In fact I didn't recognise the place! This hotel is far and away better than where I stayed last time. It's rooms are spacious, modern and clean. The staff are friendly and helpful too. I was rather concerned however, when at 9pm it seemed that our car was the only one in the car park, if fact I took a photo to record the fact. By 11pm however, the car park was full. It seems that Kingman's travellers arrive late. To summarise, it's a good hotel and I'd stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ventura County, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

I rely heavily on TripAdvisor reviews when making travel plans and try to stay at the #1 rated hotel whenever possible. In this case, the Best Western Wayfarer's Inn lived up to its reputation. Room was spacious and well decorated. Granite counters and pretty light fixtures along with stylish furniture make for a comfortable stay. Everything, including corners and baseboards, was clean. Refrigerator/freezer was convenient and very clean. The breakfast in the morning was one of the best with eggs, sausage, french toast, waffles, fresh fruit, waffles, oatmeal, and probably more that I don't remember. Not close to anything worthwhile in Kingman, although I don't know what you would want to be closer to in Kingman. Not much to do except stop over on the way to someplace else more interesting. Wanted to see Hackberry General Store but it is over 40 miles away on Rte 66, in case you are interested to drive there.

Room Tip: No elevators make it difficult to transport luggage to the second floor. However, first floor rooms...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Nanoose Bay, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

We drove from Vancouver Island to Palm Springs via Scottsdale and after an OK motel in Grant's Pass, a nice motel in a dangerous part of Bakersfield and a terrible room in the Pioneer Inn in Laughlin Nevada it was a pleasure to spend a restful night in Kingman at this Best Western Wayfarer's Inn, the front end staff were amazing...So helpful, the Mexican restaurant right across the street was a real treat, we would be hard pressed to find better food and great service. The morning buffet breakfast in the Inn was good, well presented, clean and hot. I don't know if we will be back there anytime soon but would plan to stay there if we did. Big clean rooms, 37' TV (We caught our "Downton Abby" on PBS) We will be on a driving trip for another two weeks and have decided to try and book Best Western+ wherever we can, I don't know if they will be up to the standards of Kingman but can hope....I lost my "Best Western" club card but the front desk found it with a name search and I received my points. Nice little favour as we were checking out.

Room Tip: The rooms are probably all good, we chose the second floor. The laundry was an added bonus.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

So easy to check in and out, great breakfast and absolutely perfect room! Big, clean and just what we needed on our way to Vegas after a two week road trip. Probably the best place to stay in Kingman.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple