“Nice place, good value”

Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Kingman
Santa Fe
“Nice place, good value”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on our way to visit Grand Canyon West. The hotel is conveniently located (well, they're pretty much all on Andy Devine Avenue) and seems to be recently built. The room is huge and comfortable. We'd booked a room with 2-queen beds (Priceline) but the desk clerk happily gave us a king room, a "mini-suite," which has a king-size bed and a sitting area with small sofa and chairs, as well as a fridge and microwave area. The bathroom too is large and comfortable. There's a pool (we didn't get to use it) and a small gym (that we are about to use). Breakfast is included in their lovely lobby area, and is substantial and nicely done. My only complaint is that it is only served until 9 AM (9:30 on weekends). Not very convenient if you want to go the gym then have breakfast. As it was, I only had the toast.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Korean first
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I stayed here for one night in September while on the road between other places. The front desk staff were friendly and offered me a king room on the first floor over the two queen I had reserved on the second level.

The room on first sight was big, bright and nicely decorated. I had stayed at some other dark and small rooms during the week so this was a nice change. The bed was so comfortable with soft linens and fluffy pillows. There was a bigger mini fridge and microwave, both of which I used. The bathroom was big with nice granite countertops and thick, soft towels. It is these little things that make the difference, especially when you stay someplace without them. The room was immaculately clean. I had a comfortable, relaxing night at this oasis in the desert.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank GE66
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We had stayed here twice before and it was ok and had good breakfast. Last June 2012 we stayed and the breakfast choices were reduced by half. That's not the worst part though... they were doing construction in the parking lot and it looked terrible and of course the room was right in front of it. It was blocked off by a thin piece of tape and my toddler almost ran into the huge ditch they had dug. The pool was ok but the hot tub room had black mold all around the bottom of the walls. I was so disgusted that I couldn't sleep that night, which is probably a good thing since there was a huge roach crawling on the ceiling in the middle of the night that we had to smash with a flip flop. Sooo...free breakfast and granite counters cannot make up for the grossness of this place and I will never stay there again!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lucymarilyn13
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 12, 2012

The property is extremely well maintained. The staff were friendly, efficient and fast. The room was clean and well maintained. We stayed one night and wanted a comfortable bed, modern TV and good free wifi. The room delivered all in an outstanding manner. The breakfast was among the best we have ever had in any motel. We will stay there again in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Anacortes
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed one night and had a very clean, comfortable, and spacious king suite. It had nice updated decor, very comfortable bed, and all the amenities: a.c., a nice sized fridge with freezer, microwave, and coffeemaker. Everything in good working condition. Easy hwy. access. The place was full, but the walls are well sound-proofed. Unfortunately a family seemed to be having a family reunion right outside our door in the middle of the night, and the windows are not so sound-proofed, so our sleep was interrupted. Perhaps the place is too popular. Could have chased them away or called the manager perhaps, but kept thinking they'd finish their enthusiastic greetings and go to their rooms. Otherwise, a nice experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
ottawa
Reviewed September 6, 2012

This property was a excellent choice,staff is friendly and price is reasonable.It offers a hot and cold breakfast buffett as well Clean and well run and good ammenities as well This hotel offers a pool area , a bussiness section with computers as well as wi-fi in rooms. decor in main lobby is very easy on the eyes, Parking is free .Close to resteranuts and airport.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Salt Lake City
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I was very happy with my stay here.I requested two rooms on the lower level when I booked ahead of time and the hotel had it all ready to go for me. This hotel is more like an upper and lower motel. If you are on the lower level you park right next to your door.

The breakfast was included. It's a hot breakfast with sausage, make your own waffle, eggs, etc.

The staff at the desk was very nice. This place had a top 20% award on quality from Best Western and I think they earned it. I'd stay there again any time.

Room Tip: I liked the room on the lower level. We had our minivan with 4 kids and luggage and we parked right...