“Use as a last resort”

and 1 more site!
Rodeway Inn
Ranked #23 of 28 Hotels in Kingman
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 1 night and that was enough, the beds are clean and comfy but the rooms are poorly equipped as there are no facilities in the room ie: coffee, hair dryer, breakfast was included but when I went down all there was was 3 donuts and 1 cinnamon roll the coffee was luke warm at best, didn't get a lot of sleep as it was very noisy, there is a train line at the back of the hotel in constant use, wifi is good

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank The_Froggy
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn

Reviewed January 30, 2014

If your idea of a motel room is 'all the comforts and conveniences of home', pass this one by - but if you just need a comfortable bed, a hot shower and a TV at a reasonable rate, this'll do.

The place is old and in need of some repairs, the housekeeping hit-and-miss (the soap - and some hair - belonging to the last person who used the room was still in the shower, and only one of two ashtrays - the lesser used one - was deemed worthy of being emptied), but the front desk was responsive to problems. The bed, as mentioned, was comfortable, and the water pressure more than adequate - and hot water was immediate and copious.

Wouldn't use this for a family vacation, but when your business keeps you out all day and your budget is limited, it'll do.

Room Tip: Do not take a room anywhere near someone who locks his large dog in the bathroom and takes off for h...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank ArizonaDuke
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I checked in and they wanted to charge a higher rate than my reservation and they did charge $1.80 higher than the online confirmation for 2 nights room and tax. I wanted to make sure the room had a coffee maker as most Rodeway's do and are supposed to and as stated on this hotels website. They said they they have not had them for 2 years. She ignored the question as to why they don't change the website then. I have tier status with Choice and requested a late check out after not being to reach the front desk for ice that they keep locked up or a wake up call either by phone or in person. I was told check out is 11 o clock for everyone by the same woman of darker skin. I was forced to leave without a shower and there were no clean towels as the room was never cleaned during my stay.
The trains are also noisy and run all night right by the room.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank HollywoodBirdman
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stopped in around 9pm after a long day on the road. Used a coupon from a book found at a gas station for a low low rate.
The room was in the back back, and while the parking lot was lit, I did not sleep all night thinking my car was getting broken into. I checked on it at least 6 times.
There are feral cats everywhere, which is wired, and the office smells like cats.
The shower pressure was decent, and the sink area was clean, but those were the only positives. Only one of 3 lamps in the room worked, the tv was very poor quality and had maybe 8 channels, the sheets had long black hairs all over (I am blonde!), the carpet was DISGUSTING- had not been vacuumed in a long time.
LOUD trains roll just behind the building all night... I have lived behind trains before, and usually I like the sound, but these trains SOUND LIKE THEY ARE COMING THROUGH THE WALL.
Finally, the continental breakfast was the most pitiful thing I have ever seen. There was a single package of variety cookies ( so you could get a couple of off brand vanilla and chocolate cookies for yourself out the package) and off brand muffins. The coffee had grounds in it. I left laughing ironically it was so ridiculous.
We had been camping all week in a tent, so are not really picky. Also, I have never given anyone a one star review. So here it is- you will regret staying here, unless cost is really your priority. But for 10 more, you can rest in a little more peace in kingman than this rodeway.

• Stayed: October 2013
4  Thank victoriacbone
Reviewed October 1, 2013

You know the old adage you get what you pay for, well I didn't get even that...I got this room through the travelers coupon guide and the rate was great! However I still overpaid..the room was not very clean, even though I was assured at check in that it was as I was leery d/t the price, in need of maintenance, bathroom esp. needed much attention and smelled of cigarette smoke and was located right next to railroad tracks!! No coffeemaker or blow dryer in the room either. As my husband was not feeling well I chose not to leave to find another room, but it was a long night.. I think AAA and Choice Hotels may want to rethink having this hotel on their registry. Advertisements for this hotel are very misleading...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank LindaClyde_NY
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I would not stay here. I would rather sleep in my car. Initially we stopped here because it wasn't too far from our destination. I got a weird vibe from the place but figured it was just me. When we got to the room it smelled as if it had been closed up for years. It was not clean. The shower was dirty. The microwave looked about 20 years old. We were there 5 min and packed the car up, turned in the key,and stayed elsewhere. Of course, they would not refund our money. Lesson learned.

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank anonymous0813
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We booked a room here yesterday and checked in last night. Upon driving in, we were dismayed to find the inn was far back from the street in a dimly lot lot. We looked past the initial bad impression an checked into our room, mistake number one.

There seemed to be a problem with the wiring, and we were unable to turn on the lights at first. Later I touched the switch by the door and was shocked. The television did not work.

The bed looked relatively clean but I was out off by the filthy floor and dust covered furniture. I asked the front desk for some clean sheets and she handed me a wad of bed linens, insisting they were clean. We (my husband and I) remade the bed, but the "clean" sheets were dirtier than the ones on the bed, covered in oil stains with several long dark hairs and cigarette holes. STILL, we decided to stay. Huge mistake number 2.

I prepared to take a shower, which meant grabbing my own towel from the car and finding shoes I could shower in so my feet didn't touch the filmy, dirty tub. When I opened the door, I was greeted by a woman who was clearly high out of her mind, looking for a feral cat I'd seen wandering the lit earlier. My husband and I packed our car and checked out. They did give us a refund which was negotiated with the booking company we used.

I've traveled a lot and have stayed in cheaper places, even dirtier places, in far more dangerous parts of the world, but none of them left me feeling as bad as I do now after my experience at the Rodeway in Kingman. My skin is crawling.

• Stayed: August 2013