“COMPLETELY IGNORED US AND BASICALLY CALLED ME A LIAR!”

Hampton Inn and Suites Kingman
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Kingman
Reviewed December 4, 2010

I'm not one to complain, but come on. Stayed 3 nights Thanksgiving week. 1st night was fine. I didn't even mind the fact the smell of carpet glue and lack of carpet on the padding in the hallway - gotta replace the carpet sometime, right? Returned to our room after 1st day out about 10pm. No one had cleaned our room. Had to call for clean towels so we could shower. OK, maybe they were running a skeleton crew for Thanksgiving and forgot. No big. Life Happens, right? Returned after our 2nd day out and NO ROOM SERVICE. AGAIN! Called down for towels again. Night person showed up with towels. Had to ask him to empty the garbage cans. He seemed put out. Manager comp'd us 1 night when my wife checked us out. Called corporate when we got home and they referred me back to the manager (Stephanie Bass 928-377-2524). She told me she had no authority to help me and referred me to the owner ("Sunil" 928-303-9596). Sunil said that housekeeping told him we had our Do Not Disturb sign on our door. I told him we removed it each morning about 10am when we left. He insisted I was mistaken and the housekeeper was right in the ensuing conversation - may as well just have called me a liar. Sunil ultimately and reluctantly offered 1 night free at the Kingman Hampton, which really does me no good, obviously in an effort to get me off the phone. All I was aksing for was a voucher for 1 night stay at the Hampton of my choice. I actually liked the last Hampton stay I had. I even had my wife change our reservations from the Best Western Kings Inn in Kingman. As usual, I should have listened to her...

It is a matter of principle at this point. Hampton's guarantee is, "100% satisfaction or we don't expect you to pay." I guess this is true unless the maid says it's your fault. I'm sorry my family was inconvenient for you, Hampton. Keep your free night.

Won't even mention that the hotel is in the flight path of the medevac helicopter to the landing pad at the hospital across the street. It's fine if you're an aviation person like me and like the sound of a helicopter buzzing your roof.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank CLARKWGRISWOLD_10

Reviewed October 26, 2010

We stayed one night at the Kingman Hampton Inn on a road trip to the west coast. Good location just off the main highway. Very friendly and efficient staff, very clean, quiet and comfortable room. Nice large breakfast room with large Hampton style breakfast. We used the AARRP rate. You can walk to many food locations, we walked to the In and Out.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2010

What a great find!!

Easy check-in, friendly staff - we were upgraded to a larger room for no extra charge when we told them there was 3 of us. The room was huge which was perfect for 3 people. Nice shower, clean and comfortable. (The beds were super comfortable). Everything seemed new and well maintained. Came with complimentary hot breakfast which was great. Also used the fitness centre which was good, only 3 pieces of equipment but all you need - all looked near new. Definately recommend staying here - couldn't fault it - for $109 it was the best place we found on the road.

Keep up the great work Hampton Inn & Suites :)

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank spunkygonecountry
Reviewed September 17, 2010

just stayed at the Hampton inn, have to say it was great. The lady at check in was really friendly, and our room was nice and clean with all the usual things that you need plus a massive shower cubicle. you get free buffet style breakfast, which has scrambled eggs, sausages, biscuits, cereal and fruit and you can make your own waffles. on check out you can also pick up a breakfast bag which has an apple, cereal bar, mints, muffin and a bottle of water in also. there's a business room with one computer and printer which is free plus we also had free wi-fi in our room. Beverages were available for free in the breakfast area anytime that you wanted them too. it also had a indoor swimming pool. There's a cracker barrel restaurant across the road and a supermarket and chemist and a block away is an in-and-out burger. Overall a fantastic hotel couldn't fault it.

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed August 12, 2010

Nice and clean. Excellent breakfast. Front desk staff couldn't have been nicer. I would go out of my way to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2010

Located at the legendary Route 66 this is all you need for an authentic road trip experience. Small but cozy motel directly at the "mother road", small rooms, clean and simple, no extras. Pure but American and very sympathetic. It is a bit loud since the windows aren't the best but considering the money I have paid there is nothing to complain about (well, the breakfast is super simple but a coffee is all you need in the desert).

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 5, 2010

Was just passing through and I needed a comfortable, clean place to stay for the night. Not disappointed. Check in was easy. The breakfast was very good. Eating area was good size. Near a Cracker Barrel (where we had dinner). Would stay there again if the situation arose.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family