I'm not one to complain, but come on. Stayed 3 nights Thanksgiving week. 1st night was fine. I didn't even mind the fact the smell of carpet glue and lack of carpet on the padding in the hallway - gotta replace the carpet sometime, right? Returned to our room after 1st day out about 10pm. No one had cleaned our room. Had to call for clean towels so we could shower. OK, maybe they were running a skeleton crew for Thanksgiving and forgot. No big. Life Happens, right? Returned after our 2nd day out and NO ROOM SERVICE. AGAIN! Called down for towels again. Night person showed up with towels. Had to ask him to empty the garbage cans. He seemed put out. Manager comp'd us 1 night when my wife checked us out. Called corporate when we got home and they referred me back to the manager (Stephanie Bass 928-377-2524). She told me she had no authority to help me and referred me to the owner ("Sunil" 928-303-9596). Sunil said that housekeeping told him we had our Do Not Disturb sign on our door. I told him we removed it each morning about 10am when we left. He insisted I was mistaken and the housekeeper was right in the ensuing conversation - may as well just have called me a liar. Sunil ultimately and reluctantly offered 1 night free at the Kingman Hampton, which really does me no good, obviously in an effort to get me off the phone. All I was aksing for was a voucher for 1 night stay at the Hampton of my choice. I actually liked the last Hampton stay I had. I even had my wife change our reservations from the Best Western Kings Inn in Kingman. As usual, I should have listened to her...
It is a matter of principle at this point. Hampton's guarantee is, "100% satisfaction or we don't expect you to pay." I guess this is true unless the maid says it's your fault. I'm sorry my family was inconvenient for you, Hampton. Keep your free night.
Won't even mention that the hotel is in the flight path of the medevac helicopter to the landing pad at the hospital across the street. It's fine if you're an aviation person like me and like the sound of a helicopter buzzing your roof.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn and Suites Kingman hotel is just off I- 40, 4 miles from the center of historic Kingman, AZ. Enjoy free parking, conference center with space for 150 people, free hot breakfast and free internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn and Suites Kingman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Kingman Hotel Kingman
- Hampton Inn Hotel Kingman
- Hampton Inn Kingman
- Kingman Hampton Inn