“Exactly what is Expected of Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn and Suites Kingman
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Kingman
Lake City, Florida
“Exactly what is Expected of Hampton Inn”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I like Hampton Inn, and this one delivered exactly what I expected. It's nothing over the top extravagant. However, it's incredibly clean, comfortable, and inviting. The bed was quite comfortable, as were the linens. I would gladly stay here again if passing through Kingman, AZ.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Korean first
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Solid, reliable Hampton Inn. Good quality hotel, spotless bathroom with lots of hooks for hanging towels. Fridge & microwave, seating for 2 to dine in the room. Comfortable beds, LOTS of lighting (a welcome change over most hotels), very convenient to I-40 exit. Free breakfast, free wi-fi both good. Close to gas stations and fast food restaurants. A good experience, worth the few extra $$

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney
Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Hampton Inn has a consistent quality and commitment to service that was again present at the Kingman property. The staff were friendly and welcoming, the room was clean, spacious and comfortable and the breakfast good.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
kjtraveler2008
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We were stopping at the Hampton Inn on our way to the Grand Canyon. A motel was not even in question which left very few options. Since we like to stay at Hiltons we opted for the Hampton Inn and found it remarkably clean (even the duvet was cleaned as per a cute post-it in room). The continental breakfast was far superior than most and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel if needing to stay in Kingman.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stayed one night in a double Queen with sofa bed suite. The room was large,very comfortable and immaculate. Even the sofa bed was very comfortable. It was our first stay at a Hampton Inn and suites, and it wasnt the last. A good breakfast. Just one thing the amount of chlorine in the pool was overpowering soon as you walked into the pool room, it put us off from taking a dip. Perhaps a bit less chlorine. Overall a very enjoyable stay. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Monument, Colorado
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Overall a solid hotel with good beds for a change. My wife and I stayed in a 1 room suite and we were comfortable. Breakfast was typical for a Hampton Inn. All of the Hamptons could do something about their coffee, it's weak and no flavor.

Hotel is within walking distance of an In/Out Burger which is a fav of ours. In all I would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Darby, Montana
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Check in was a breeze ( however had to wait a bit to unload due to a downpour and resulting flash flood ) Once in the room I was greeted with a standard Hampton inn decor. Comfy bed and standard mini-fridge and counter area. Overall I would say this is a decent place for a rest from the road. Now for a little warning to those who want total silence when they sleep ( I have been deployed to both Afghanistan and Iraq so I can pretty much sleep through anything * from F-16s taking off every hour in full afterburner, to Chinooks hovering over my B-hut, and even Mortar attacks and the Phalanx Anti-rocket and mortar system going off ) So with all that I give the warning this place is right in the final approach for the medivac helicopters for the regional medical center. You WILL hear helicopters coming and going at all hours of the day. For me it was not really an issue ( just made me feel at times I was back in Afghanistan but with a much nicer room )

Room Tip: I would ask for a room on the opposite side of the main entrance if helicopters landing and taking o...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Gunnar O
Stephani B, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Kingman, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for your review of your stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests and we are honored to have had such a brave and honorable guest. I understand that the noise was a concern during your time with us and we are working on ways to minimize the disturbance from the helicopters coming and going from the neighboring medical center. I do hope the next time you return to area you consider staying with us again so that we may show you the peaceful stay you deserve. Thank you again for your comments and for all you have done for us!