“Fair to average for this price range” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Kingman AZ

Knights Inn Kingman AZ
Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Kingman
Denver, Colorado
“Fair to average for this price range”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We where first booked facing the major intersection with an unreal noise level. The room was renovated and fair, we asked to be moved due to the noise and relocated to an older room facing a fast food outlet.
The front desk staff where friendly and accommodating, and the rate included 24hr coffee and breakfast, not bad. Not awesome, but given the rate and services offered, definitely fair.
There is no shampoo on offer so bring your own, coffee only at reception, Wifi was free, and they have a pool.
Gripes: Bathroom extraction fan did not work...

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the hi-way
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Roanoke, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

The stay was just a stopover, place to lay our heads night. We were coming back from the Grand Canyon and there is nothing until you get here. We checked ten hotels before we got here and they were the only place with a room available. It is pretty old and rundown, but it was clean and non-smoking. The bathroom was old and needing a good thorough cleaning. The sheets were clean, but it's hard to tell how long it had been since the comforters were cleaned. The walls are very thin. The manager called because the guy below us complained because I have a newborn crying. There was a refrigerator and microwave at least. It wasn't worth the $79 we had to pay, but with no other options in sight, it worked for a quick night's stay. The desk manager was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Room was ok but needing updating. Ok for a night. Couldn't access their internet.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Prescott, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

To express my gratitude & thanks to manager Bernice Thornhill & her complete staff. I've always been attended to with sincere warmth & politeness. I've been a guest @ the George V in Paris, France, various Courtyard Mariotts, Best Westerns and this motel has always been clean, comfortable and respectful of my needs. Bernice has gone out of her way at times for me. I look forward to each visit as a time to relax & share humor.

Ron from Wyoming

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Hickory, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

arrived at night. Was not advised that the Silver Queen Inn was the same as Knights Inn just a small sign underneath. The Lobby was dirty. Rooms were also dirty . Old furniture and TV. Not a pleasant stay. Would not recommend to friends.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank anomous
Flagstaff Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

My husband had to find a place for us to stay right after my grandmothers funeral yesterday
5/7/12 he pulled in here and asked about a room in a quiet spot on the lower floor, I was not feeling well and could not make the trip home so we needed a place for the night. the rooms are nasty, outdated falling apart.They put us on the far back building even though the place looked empty. We found out later this was where local people rent the rooms to live by the week, there were people working on cars in the parking lot, going in and out all night, talking loudly outside, etc. Then my husband went out to the pool with our kids, he saw a man with a pool filter who asked if he was going to the pool, my husband said yes, the man acted irritated and said great very sarcastically. My husband said he was very very rude, front desk also rude, my husband had to call three times to the front desk due to noise in the parking lot. We will never stay here again. Its a shame the property has potential.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank flagbabygirl
Dover, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Silver Queen Inn (Knights Inn) in Kingman, Az. So far every person here has been rude to us at least once. The front desk clerk made a joke of not having a luggage cart for us to carry all our stuff across a huge lot to the back building, the girl who drove us here seemed angry to be driving us in the shuttle, and wouldn't give us a lift to the back lot with our stuff. Then later when she was explaining to me how to log in to the extremely complicated wifi, she kept telling me I couldn't use my browser but was required to use Internet Explorer (what she meant was windows explorer not internet). After finally getting logged in to the wifi I opened Chrome and showed her that it was possible. We had to ask four times for towels. There is ZERO security here and the windows won't lock, the room was pretty run down, not exactly clean. We were going to use the washer & dryer at the hotel to do our laundry while there, and after putting the money in the washer wouldn't run with clothes in it, only if it's empty. After I told the desk clerk about it she called a guy to fix it who never came. I waited outside in the Arizona heat for half an hour, no one came. After I walked back up to the desk she returned my $1.25 and suggested I use the hotel next door's laundry. I'm thinking we would have been better off at that hotel all together! The pool was full of bugs, and there were beer bottles all over the place. After I did my laundry at the TravelLogde's laundry facility (thankfully open to the public) my boyfriend & I were walking back through and stopped to chat with another couple who work for our company in the lobby and a new person was working at the desk, my boyfriend asked about the earlier issue of not getting a ride to our area of the complex and we were told that they don't provide shuttle service to the rooms only the lobby. She was really snotty about it and I said, If I had said I was handicapped (which I actually am, but rarely use it as an excuse to get anything) would she have given me a ride. She said no, I said well, then you would have to offer me a closer room, she said no, they are only required to provide handicapped rooms and there are permanent residents in those rooms. I'm pretty sure that's inaccurate, I'll be calling the state about that tomorrow. The beds are hard, the bathroom needs remodeling and the staff needs training in customer service.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business