“Burger place with history”

Mr. D'z Route 66 Diner
Ranked #4 of 113 Restaurants in Kingman
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed August 22, 2016 via mobile

Was told by a friend that when I was in Kingman Arizona on business to stop by Mr. D'z. Burger place with a rich history. Lots of interesting pictures. Good burger....Really liked the fries. Friendly service. Can eat outside. Located near the local tourist stuff and close to l 40. Good place to visit on route 66.

Reviewed August 15, 2016

A fun place with great food. We stop here all the time on our way to LA or Las Vegas ( We live in Albuquerque so it's right on the way) We've been stopping here for years and have never had a problem with the service or the food. I've seen the reviews but I've never had a problem myself. Never been here for breakfast so I can't say anything about that.

Reviewed August 11, 2016

Stopped here for breakfast on our way to Grand Canyon. It looked like a fun diner with classic cars parked outside and bright diner decor on the inside. There were two servers working on a Saturday morning. There were maybe 5 to 6 parties in each section. We were seated, ordered beverages, received our beverages then ordered breakfast. Our server disappeared for at least 20 to 25 minutes. In the meantime we were watching the orders being placed under the heat lamps as they were finished. The second server took completed meals and placed them on the diner counter. My husband and I kept looking on hoping it wasn't our food placed on the counter. The food sat for at least 5 minutes. Our server walked by looked at the ticket then left while the food sat on the counter for another 5 minutes. The server came back grabbed the plates then brought them to our table. After taking a bite, my husband told the server our food was cold. The server grabbed the plates and brought them to the kitchen. At this point we were horrified. He ordered the breakfast special 2 eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, & toast, I had an omelette. When the server brought the plates back his eggs & hashbrowns were new but it was the same bacon & burned toast. My plate was exactly the same food apparently just microwaved. Rather than risk food borne illness we asked for our check, paid and left without eating. Very disappointing experience!

Reviewed August 11, 2016

Fantastic food. I had the chilli dog, it was huge! We had a warm welcome. The diner is retro and ultra clean. This is one of the best diners we went to on Route 66. The menu is varied and interesting, the food is top standard.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed August 9, 2016 via mobile

Stopped for a quick bite on a trip from Vegas to PHX. As I sit here we have been sitting for an hour and 10 minutes and still don't have food. Only stop if you have tons of time!!!