“Very hit and miss”

Cuisines: American
Kingman, Arizona
“Very hit and miss”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Have eaten here a few times. The first couple of times was very good. The last couple of times have not been good at all. We went in, sat down (we were 2 of only 4 people in there). After 5 min, the waiter/owner/ someone came and took our drink order. He went straight to the booth he was sitting at talking with someone and finished his conversation.....never getting our drinks. We walked out.

Visited May 2014

Whakatane, New Zealand
“Great breakfast”
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

We had the scrambled skillet and classic bacon and eggs. The skillet was delicious and as expected the coffee just kept coming. The whole place was pristine and the restrooms were beautiful. Great start to the day.

Keighley, United Kingdom
“Good home cooking”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

What a hoot this place is. The sort of place local regulars go, and I can see why. The portions are plentiful and the food is delicious. I love the biker/retro Route 66 vibe about the place. The service was attentive and friendly.

• Visited June 2014
Lake Montezuma, Arizona
“Can't wait to get back......”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Been coming to Kingman for years, wish I would have found this one sooner. The décor is perfect for Gearheads and Race Fans alike. The names on the menu are very amusing. I had the Chrysler New Yorker: Toasted roll, roast beef, pastrami, provolone all warmed up with spicy mustard. Comfort food at its best. The French fries/Onion rings were fried to perfection. My friend had the Pastrami and Swiss on Rye. He said it was excellent.
Wish I had left room for dessert, the menu was very tempting.
The staff was very friendly and attentive even though she was also very busy.
The temp outside was low 40's and blowing light rain. Two groups of riders came in and it was obvious they were local. If it is good enough for them to ride in that weather to come in, I can only imagine what the rest of the menu is like.
We will definitely be back.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Victor A
Kingman, Arizona
“Do not go here.”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Not only was the restaurant filthy, but the food itself was poor quality. The taste wasn't terrible but there was anything that stood out to me about it. It was way overpriced and the staff was grouchy and extremely lazy/inattentive. I asked for ketchup and I never even got it. My previous experiences here we're never amazing but never this bad, this one just set me over the top. I recommend any other eateries before this place.

• Visited March 2014

Been to Hot Rod Cafe? Share your experiences!