“I'm never staying there again!”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #24 of 28 Hotels in Kingman
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Yikes!!! All I can say is we just stayed there and there was no shower head, the wall had a rip in it and the front desk man was completely disrespectful. We had booked the reservation on kayak and when we went to check in, the guy at the front desk said the reservation was for 1 person and each additional person was going to be $10. He then answered the phone and gave someone who did not have a reservation a lower rate than we had. He was incredibly rude. Next time I'm in Kingman I will sleep in the car!

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Jwrench68

Reviewed November 30, 2012

It was what we expected for the money. Not great, but adequate. It was safe, the clerk at check-in was friendly, and we slept fine. We checked in, slept, got up, had coffee, and moved on. The place was OK, but the desk was broken and repaired with screws.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Dirty rooms, ripped bed linen, baths repaired with tape. Very noisy aircon (in next room) which meant no sleep.
Not even cheap.
Didn't even bother staying for breakfast.
Not sure how other people gave this place a good review. We've travelled across the USA on this trip staying at all kinds of motels and this is the worst by far.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank recusant2
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed here one night, then moved to another hotel. Price was much higher then price on internet, room was dirty, mold on the bathroom ceiling, dirty carpet, bedding was old and worn. I did manage to stay for one night and then didn't get a t-shirt that said I survived a night at the Econo Lodge in Kingman.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank rockabilly3259
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed here based on the reviews I don't know what happened but we booked a king no smoke room lower lever or handicap room. When we arrived at 3 in the afternoon we were told no
king rooms but he would give us a room with 2 beds for 10 dollars more. I refused then he said also he need to charge for the dog which is a service dog I said no . We finally got a room with
two beds at the rate we had book but when we walked in the room it was so nasty I turned and
walk out. If I could have gone somewhere else I would have but after driving 500 miles that day and not knowing where to look I decided to make the best of it. There was black mold on the base boards and above the shower, the carpet was dirty had not been cleaned in years, the tub and sink had bugs in them and the night stand was sticky, the phone was sticky and I tried to set the time on the clock and that was sticky. I found a candy wrapped by the bed I was not a happy camper. Needless to say if I can help it I will never stay at that hotel again and I will tell others not to go there. YUCK!!!! I work with animals so I am not nasty nice but this was filthy.

Room Tip: I don't know if there is a good room in this place. Just stay away
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travelers201168
Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

The staff was very pleasant and helpful.

The rooms are older and dated but it was cean. Our room was large and the bed was ok. The parking lot was well lit with plenty of parking spaces available.

Wasn't crazy about the older guy walking around in his t-shirt and underwear.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank kfl51
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I stayed here for a week, very pleasant experience, very nice place to stay clean spacious rooms with all required amenities,comfortable beds, fast internet. Very friendly couple who make you feel very welcome and were very helpful.The breakfast was very nice and served each morning downstairs in the communal dining area which is a great way to meet other travelers.would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family