“Dirtiest Motel 6 Ever Stayed In”

Motel 6 Kingman East
Ranked #24 of 28 Hotels in Kingman
Tempe, Arizona
“Dirtiest Motel 6 Ever Stayed In”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2010

I have stayed in quite a few Motel 6s in the past few years and they have mostly been great for the price. This Motel 6 in Kingman however was a disappointing exception. Smelled like smoke even though was a non-smoking room, lock on door was broken so badly the door would not shut correctly, looked like kitty litter in the corner where a previous guest had kept a cat box and housekeeping didn't vacuum up, and the grunge in the tub/shower, yuck!

Other guests staying here were quite the pleasure as well. Drunks yelling at each other early in the morning ~ fun! I don't expect much for $40, but have done much better for the same price elsewhere. I will definitely make a different choice of lodging next time I stop in Kingman.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
san diego
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2009

Great Motel, very reasonable price, easy access from freeway right on route 66.
stayed there sat may 2nd had 2 rooms 1 smoking one non smoking both rooms seemed identical (except for the smell of smoke in the smoking room) both rooms very clean Friendly staff, it was over 100 deg outside and the ac worked so well I had to turn it down
very happy with my stay

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Kettering, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2008

Easy to find. Good price. Clean, quiet, the most friendly staff I've ever met at a Motel6. They recommended places to go and things to see, which makes a stop in this burg tolerable. Places to eat better one exit west, but right on 66.

What more can I say. A fantastic stay at a nice M6.

• Liked — The employees
  • Disliked — The open fence along the back of the property, no crime, just paranoid.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank SenseIntoDollars
Oak Ridge, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2008

This hotel is one place to AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!! It may be cheap but it is not worth the risk. The rooms are filthy, smaller than any motel 6 I have ever seen, the linens are disgusting, there was mold in the bathroom and the carpet looked like it had not been vacumed, let alone cleaned in who knows how long. The employees are scary & unaccomodating and the parking lot was a cut through for people jumping the fence and going who knows where all day long. After settling in with my puppy (I chose this hotel because it was pet friendly) and a few walks outside with her I began to become very uneasy. There was a filthy old, stained mattress in the back of the hotel on the side walk, garbage in the parking lot, broken glass everywhere (not good for the dog at all!) and very shifty looking characters hanging around the lobby conversing wiht the desk clerk and outside the buildings. On the way back to my room the "gentleman" in the room next to mine was sitting, totally naked in front of the window with the curtains wide open. After checking & finding out that the windows in my room did not lock I called the front desk & told them about this. After trying to talk me out of moving they finally agreed to give me a different room. We packed up & by the time I got to the front of the building I just got my money back and left, shaking like a leaf I was so scared. If you ask me there was a meth lab near by and that's where all the foot traffick was going. There are only a few decent hotels in Kingman, so please do your homework carefully before booking one, especially if you are a woman traveling alone. Do not rely on internet sites to give you correct information for this town's accomodations. As far as I am concerned, this hotel should be shut down by the board of health and the local police department.

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Disliked — Everything!
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Kingman hotels

N Yorks
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2008

We stayed at the Motel 6 as a bridge to get to see the Grand Canyon and to end up in Las Vegas without driving all over Az. It is just off the Interstate on the old Route 66 and is exactly what you would expect from a Motel 6.
Booking in was simple and the staff were really friendly and helpful. The rooms by UK standards are really big (substantially bigger than a UK travel lodge for example) by US standards then just average! Two queen size beds with a clean and efficient bathroom. The suites can be interconnecting if travelling with kids (at $38 you can get them a room each!!).

All in all exactly what is said on the tin - clean, functional, dirt cheap. I would definitely stay there again

Stayed March 2008
Brisbane
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2008

Found Motel 6 just by getting off the highway exit. Turned up and was in a room within 15 minutes. Staff were friendly and the rooms were cheap and clean, airconditioning was lovely and cold and the curtains kept out the dark ensuring us a long night sleep.

The restaurant right next door that seems to be apart of the motel was fantastic. I went over to get something to eat for myself and my son and they knew I needed to take away so they ran around and packaged up food from the self serve and made sure were got what we had paid for. The service I recieved there was exactly how I had imagined American Restaurants, unfortunately service like that was not encountered again during our stay in the USA.

We ended up back there again for breakfast due to the service we had recieved the night before. Again same level of service but different staff so I was very impressed, plus the food was good too :-)

We stayed there for one night only on the way to Flagstaff and I would definately stay there again if I was fortunate enough to get back there.

• Liked — Conveniently located close to the highway
  • Disliked — Nothing,, all was good
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Thebirchadventure
LovelyTravel777
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2007

We went to a three-day Laughlin-Grand Canyon trip this weekend. The first couple days, we stayed in Laughlin & Grand Canyon. Kingman, AZ was our last stop. My husband and I left Grand Canyon around 5:45 and we got to Motel 6, Kingman around 9:15pm.

The hotel was very close to the 40 freeway and easy to find. There were also other motels around there. The location of the hotel was convenient (a lot of fast food restaurants, etc)

The hotel looked clean, safe & quiet. The hotel staff was friendly. In fact, I called the hotel to ask some questions before I left for Arizona and they were very kind to me at that time, too. Very reliable and kind staff.

The room was simple yet very clean. We selected two queen bed room. The bathroom was simple (& clean) and the amenities were minimum (soaps, towels, etc). It is a one-star hotel and it is a nice one-star hotel.

• Liked — Friendly staff / simple yet very clean room / Location (safe & convenient)
  • Disliked — Amenities?
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple