“Small room, minimal amenities, wouldn't stay there again”

Motel 6 Kingman East
Ranked #25 of 28 Hotels in Kingman
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“Small room, minimal amenities, wouldn't stay there again”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I made a reservation through a third party online. When I got to the motel my reservation was completely wrong. I reserved a king, smoking and they tried to give me a double twin non smoking and charge me for Wi-Fi, which they said is corporate policybut my reservationdsaid otherwise. I had to settle for a queen but it was a really small queen. The bathroom was clean but miniscule, and the weren't even two regular sized towels. The TV was 19", if that. No drawers, no lamps, one nightstand, no fridge, no microwave, no coffee maker, etc. There were laundry facilities which cost me $10 to do one load. The whole place is in need of repair. There was peeling paint and loose stairs. I would not recommend unless desperate. I have paid far less money for far better rooms just this week.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Average place to stay, the room was nice, nothing really special, the price was nice too, most of the places can use a remake ... specially the Airco's .... they really make a lot of noise instead of cooling your room .... On Route 66 ... one of the best things to say about it ...

Room Tip: Better go to the Quality Inn .... :)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DiabloDesigns v
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We made reservations here as we were just passing through. The night clerk was very friendly and helpful. Our room was easily accessible, which was great for us arriving late and leaving early the next morning. The room was your typical simple Motel 6 room. The only thing that concerned me was the fact that there was hair left in the bathtub, which was an obvious sign that it had not been clean. So my family opted for taking showers instead of baths. Overall good experience.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This Motel 6 has a very function plain room, so don't expect much with amenities (no shampoo, WIFI requires a fee). The room smelled a bit like old water and there were a number of cigarette burns in the comforter. Lastly, we found a number of bugs in the bed though out the night. I didn't rate this place too poor because with the location, and price ($40), we weren't expecting to get anything like the other fancy places. It is also right by a train but didn't wake us up.

Room Tip: Second floor has a good view!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Overall a good quiet nights sleep. I was a little apprehensive staying here since there seemed to be a lot of people hanging out in front of the motel, turns out they were a bunch of truck divers probably just unwinding from a long day on the road. The room was clean and just what you'd expect at Motel 6.

• Stayed May 2013
Arizona
Reviewed April 27, 2013

This location has plenty of places to eat close by, within walking distance. Well lit parking lot. The entire room was clean, smelled good and recently painted. The carpet in my room was clean, almost brand new. The TV was a smaller tube type with sufficient channel selection. The check in was fast. At $60 during the Laughlin River Run, it was an excellent value. This is the first hotel I have stayed at in a long time where there was NOTHING broken, missing or lose. It’s a Motel 6, so bring your own shampoo and alarm clock. I will defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We arrived around 9pm and check in went fast. This motel is right off the highway and close to lots of food options, and gas stations. This area had a lot, and I mean a lot of crickets enough that is was annoying having to get from the car to the room.

The Room was ugly. Very cheap linens with holes, old TV, very loud A/C, red stained carpets, but that's what you get at this price I guess.

I woke up in the middle of the night to use the restroom to find cockroaches in both the bathroom, and main room. That's when I realized the carpet is torn/eaten by the roaches. This freaked me out. We were booked for 2 nights, and complained but the women at the front desk didn't care, and called us liars. We checked out immediately, didn't receive a refund, and went on our way to the Grand Canyon with no rest.

Room Tip: Spend a little more for a better motel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank BabyPSF

Travelers are raving about these Kingman hotels