“Clean, cheap but smoky”

Motel 6 Kingman East
Ranked #25 of 28 Hotels in Kingman
Reviewed April 14, 2011

I was traveling up to Las Vegas when I decided to pull over for the night. I stopped at Kingman and booked a room at this hotel. When I walked in, the first thing I noticed was: the room smelled like cigarette smoke! Even though it was a no smoking room! I went to swap it for another room, but this one also smelled like smoke! The staff gave me some spray to cover up the smell, but it still dampened my mood.

Other than the smoke, the hotel was great. Cheap too. The rooms were clean, bathroom clean, and the beds were clean. It was easy to sleep too. You could hear trains pass by, but no cars.

If you don`t mind smoke, stay here. If you do, stay away.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank thestick366

Reviewed November 27, 2010

We stayed just before the Thanksgiving holidays. The hotel was clean and quiet and we felt very safe. The beds were good and we had a great night's sleep. I would stay here anytime I was within 300 miles. The rate was great, and so was the service. All the staff were very helpful and friendly. They gave us directions to the Route 66 Museum (down the road a few miles), which was one of those highlights of your trip which are surprises. There was a grocery store just across the street. It was easy to find our way to and from the motel and find our way around town. Motel doesn't have breakfast, but this is the greatest deal in town.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2010

Had a good stay. Friendly staff and lot to eat around the area. Room could have been a bit cleaner as it looked and felt like it had not been vacuumed in a while. Pool would not swim in again as I had very bad blisters come up on my lips the next day but could have been the sun..

• Stayed: October 2009
Reviewed January 2, 2010

I have stayed in quite a few Motel 6s in the past few years and they have mostly been great for the price. This Motel 6 in Kingman however was a disappointing exception. Smelled like smoke even though was a non-smoking room, lock on door was broken so badly the door would not shut correctly, looked like kitty litter in the corner where a previous guest had kept a cat box and housekeeping didn't vacuum up, and the grunge in the tub/shower, yuck!

Other guests staying here were quite the pleasure as well. Drunks yelling at each other early in the morning ~ fun! I don't expect much for $40, but have done much better for the same price elsewhere. I will definitely make a different choice of lodging next time I stop in Kingman.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed May 5, 2009

Great Motel, very reasonable price, easy access from freeway right on route 66.
stayed there sat may 2nd had 2 rooms 1 smoking one non smoking both rooms seemed identical (except for the smell of smoke in the smoking room) both rooms very clean Friendly staff, it was over 100 deg outside and the ac worked so well I had to turn it down
very happy with my stay

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 9, 2008

Easy to find. Good price. Clean, quiet, the most friendly staff I've ever met at a Motel6. They recommended places to go and things to see, which makes a stop in this burg tolerable. Places to eat better one exit west, but right on 66.

What more can I say. A fantastic stay at a nice M6.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank SenseIntoDollars
Reviewed March 20, 2008

This hotel is one place to AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!! It may be cheap but it is not worth the risk. The rooms are filthy, smaller than any motel 6 I have ever seen, the linens are disgusting, there was mold in the bathroom and the carpet looked like it had not been vacumed, let alone cleaned in who knows how long. The employees are scary & unaccomodating and the parking lot was a cut through for people jumping the fence and going who knows where all day long. After settling in with my puppy (I chose this hotel because it was pet friendly) and a few walks outside with her I began to become very uneasy. There was a filthy old, stained mattress in the back of the hotel on the side walk, garbage in the parking lot, broken glass everywhere (not good for the dog at all!) and very shifty looking characters hanging around the lobby conversing wiht the desk clerk and outside the buildings. On the way back to my room the "gentleman" in the room next to mine was sitting, totally naked in front of the window with the curtains wide open. After checking & finding out that the windows in my room did not lock I called the front desk & told them about this. After trying to talk me out of moving they finally agreed to give me a different room. We packed up & by the time I got to the front of the building I just got my money back and left, shaking like a leaf I was so scared. If you ask me there was a meth lab near by and that's where all the foot traffick was going. There are only a few decent hotels in Kingman, so please do your homework carefully before booking one, especially if you are a woman traveling alone. Do not rely on internet sites to give you correct information for this town's accomodations. As far as I am concerned, this hotel should be shut down by the board of health and the local police department.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled solo