Tripadvisor
Kingman
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews level sites residential neighborhood grand canyon super quiet nice campsite fire pit one night hot tub queen bed check in was easy off the highway definitely stay here again cabin privacy bushes rv oleander
Selected filters
Reviewed June 28, 2019

I stayed in a small KOA cabin for one night. Check in was easy and staff person friendly and helpful. The cabin is perfect for one or two persons and I chose one that had a bathroom. The cabin also included a small refrigerator, microwave, and television. The porch outside, with a swing, was very enjoyable. The park was quiet. My only suggestion would be lighting on each side of the bed - for reading and watching tv. There is only an overhead light.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
CamperSupport, Guest Relations Manager at Kingman KOA, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2019

Thanks for staying at our KOA. We're happy to hear you enjoyed our amenities and accommodations. We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Reviewed June 5, 2019

We just had a one night stay, arriving quite late and leaving early(ish) in the morning so didn't have time to check out the facilities really. The office was closed on arrival but our site number and instructions were left on the notice board. Our campsite was quite small but adequate and level with some bushes giving a little privacy. We went to the store to buy a couple of bits in the morning and to ask for our propane tank to be filled. The hosts were very pleasant and helpful and they soon sent someone out to top off the propane. It was an ideal overnight location for us and would come back again if we were to stop in the area

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
CamperSupport, Guest Relations Manager at Kingman KOA, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2019

Thank you for joining us at Kingman KOA Journey! Whether our guests join us for one night or several, we always want them to have the best camping experience possible. We're happy to hear that our team was able to assist you during your stay! We look forward to having you back the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed May 9, 2019

I reserved this park just for an overnight visit while driving along Interstate 40. It is several miles off the highway which made it much quieter than those RV Parks located right next to the highway. The park was well organized and checkin was easy. They escorted us to our space. There were tall oleander trees between each space which provided a bit of privacy and greenery. They had a nice pool and spa which we did not get to enjoy. There is also a good sized off-leash dog area to let the pups roam a bit. There were full timers there was well as overnighters, and the park was very clean in the residential neighborhood.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
CamperSupport, Guest Relations Manager at Kingman KOA, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2019

Thank you very much for joining us, David! Whether someone is with us for a night or the whole summer, we're always happy to welcome new guests. We're glad that you enjoyed your evening and hope you'll think of Kingman KOA Journey again, whether you're passing through or looking for a getaway. See you again soon, David. Safe travels!

Reviewed May 7, 2019

We only stayed one night. Would highly recommend visually checking out your assigned site while you are still at the office. Staff were very friendly. However I told the lady at check in that we were a 45’ MH with 3 slides and wanted a site that was open and where we could get satellite. So she gave us a site that was so closed in with 5 – 8 ft bushes on both sides that the only way we could get our slides out and the door open was for the worker to trim the shrubs back. When we stepped out the front door we had about 6 inches between the step and the shrubs. We were also under trees so no hope of getting satellite. To give the park credit, the lady did offer to move us to another site which was more open. However by the time I got back to the assigned site the worker was already trimming shrubs and we decided it was more trouble than it was worth since we were only staying one night. Our site was long enough for our motorhome but barely enough room for tow vehicle and really couldn’t say that it was totally out of the road. The interior roads are dirt and the dust was so bad that our coach was covered with it by the time we left. Which was another reason we did not want to move to another site on arrival. The park is off the beaten path so not a quick or easy in and out if just passing through. We paid $51 and that included a 10% discount. For a one night stay it was not worth that for us.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
CamperSupport, Guest Relations Manager at Kingman KOA, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2019

We were happy to have you with us, Beverly. Whenever a guest has site specifications that will help them to enjoy their stay, our team will always do what we can to accommodate those. We're glad that you appreciated our efforts in finding you that site and hope it helped you to have a nice evening. If you're ever in the area again, we hope that you will give our park another chance.

Reviewed December 18, 2018

Stayed one night enroute from Phoenix to Vegas. This was a welcome alternative to yet another hotel stay. To access this campground, you do have to drive through a residential area as previously stated in some reviews I've read. However, the campground definitely "feels" like a campground once you arrive there. Arrived after hours, (I had called ahead to make sure I had the instructions on how to get in to my rental cabin), and to my surprise there was an employee on site who saw me pull in and asked if I would need directions to my site (I was all set & didn't require an escort). Upon arrival to my site, not only had the staff turned on the heat prior to my arrival (it was a very cold and unseasonable 29 degrees outside when I got out of my car), but they had decorated the porch of the cabin with Christmas lights and had them on when I got there, which was such a nice welcoming touch!

The cabin itself was as expected; clean and comfortable. I had chosen this particular cabin as it was fully furnished with linens, towels, and dishes/silverware for convenience. The heater worked like a champ and I was very warm & cozy and able to sleep well on the surprisingly nice cabin queen bed. The cabin even had a Mr. Coffee type coffeemaker, which was great as I had brought a bag of coffee with me. The only thing I wish they had provided was coffee filters for the coffeemaker (I made do with a paper towel as a filter and it worked fine). Otherwise, everything was great. It was off-season so there were a few RV'ers here and there, but the park was mainly empty. Worked fine for me as it was very quiet and peaceful there.

Unfortunately, I was only there less than 18 hours, so I didn't really get to check out the campground. Upon checkout, the staff was very pleasant and asked if I had enjoyed my stay. Although brief, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I am definitely considering going back next year for a longer stay.

Date of stay: December 2018
CamperSupport, Guest Relations Manager at Kingman KOA, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2019

We're delighted to hear that we exceeded your expectations and made you feel so welcome upon your arrival during the holiday season! We thank you so much for the compliments on the amenities inside the cabin, as well as the Christmas lighting that we had outside.
It was a pleasure to have you camp with us during your travels to Vegas, and we hope that you will get an opportunity to come camp with us again sometime.