“Late night dining should be better than this”
Review of JB's Restaurant

JB's Restaurant
Ranked #77 of 117 Restaurants in Kingman
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 12, 2013

After a 12 hour road trip, my son and I checked into a local Kingman, AZ hotel and since it was already 9pm, we asked the desk clerk for her recommendation of a restaurant where we could enjoy a good meal and a glass of wine/beer. She recommend JB's Restaurant.

We arrived at 9:20 pm, and the sign on the door indicated they were open until 10:00 pm. We weren't going ot order anything fancy, we just wanted a good meal, so we went in.

The decor was kind of dated and tacky and after the meal, I went to the bathroom and it was NOT clean by any stretch of the imagination.

We stood at the waitress stand for three minutes before I finally went scouting around by the kitchen asking, "is anyone home?" It was obvious that they had already started to break down the kitchen. There were only two other parties in the dining room, a four top and a three top.

Finally a pleasant lady arrived, greeted us warmly, sat us at a booth and took our order. My son ordered a Patty Melt and I ordered a Chicken Quesadilla. When the food arrived, the color that came to mind was "gray." There was no color, no garnish and no creativity in the plating of the food.

My son's side of cream of broccoli soup was cool and his Patty Melt was dry. The restaurant only had one wine selection, a blush wine, and only offered it by the glass. My quessadilla was tasty, but obviously was heavily saturated wtih grease.

The waitess credited our bill for the cool soup, but despite her cheery and helpful attitude, the quality of the food was definitely lacking and I would not return.

1  Thank Urbanzenmeister
There are newer reviews for JB's Restaurant

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Not sure what was happening when we arrived but our wait for food was long. People after us seemed to be served more quickly. High point was our friendly waitress. The food was good when it finally arrived.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We chose this place because it was walking distance from the hotel and they serve breakfast all day (yay!). My husband went and ordered to go, so I can only speak for the food itself. It was good but not great, kind of like a Denny's. A little overpriced in my opinion but worth it for the close proximity and saving me from driving any more. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat here, but if I stay at the King's Inn again, I will most likely have more stuffed french toast :)

Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

After nearly two weeks of travel around the USA this is one of the very few places we didn't feel welcome by one member of staff who just seemed to want us out of the door, every time we ordered either a beer or food the bill was taken and replaced by yet another despite being advertisements saying two more hours of service, I had salad and soup, fruit bar eat as much as you like, as a veggie I thought good option, meat in both soups but good salad choice poor fruit as mainly tinned.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Was okay - I had a steak - maybe I should have had something else. Staff are very friendly here. Old fashioned style diner.