“A Must for Foreign Visitors”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #3 of 118 Restaurants in Kingman
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Half Restaurant. Half Store. All Country
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Cracker Barrel is good, old fashioned American plains food. A tourist experience for anyone from a country outside the US, especially those who watched the old western movies. Family and friends from the UK love it...they love the food and the atmosphere. :)

I like to stop at Cracker Barrels when I am driving across America for a good, consistent hot meal. Much better than any drive-thru.

Reviewed October 27, 2011

My Dad and I Dicided to Give Cacker Barrel a try as I arrived in Kingman and stayed in kingman for 2 nights I saw this Cracker barrel I drove by and the Next day I went here for Dinner and I was amazed by the place. They are part store and part Restaurant. We ate in the Restaurant. Were Canadian. We have none here in Canada. We saw Rocking Chairs outside the place too. A picture of it is a Man on a rocking Chair and a Barrel beside him on there sign. I was greated by a Very Friendly Frount desk Restaurant Lady. She asked me Have I tried Cracker barrel before and we said no. She gave me a free map of other Cracker barrels in the States too. We looked at the Menus. I knew what the food would be like and I said wow a Steck Dinner with Pototos and Corn or any Vegtible they had I ordered that. I couldn't Remember what my dad ordered. We had the choice of butter milk Biscuts or Corn Muffins they make in the kicthen by scratch from dough whitch I guess they bake. My dad and I chose the Butter milk Buscuts witch were the best ones I've ever Tasted. I loved them there were 2 of them on each plate. Canada hardly has these in Restaurants. I loved the Decor with the Fireplace and Oil lamps and other amazing stuff. For Dessert We saw a special. It was a pumkin Moose with a ginger snap Cookie. We loved it. I had a Raspberry lemonade. If I return to kingman I will go back to this Cracker Barrel again. The store too was unique with candy and games and neat other stuff.

Reviewed October 11, 2011

Outside the restaurant, the porch full of rocking chairs sets the mood. You enter through the shop, but the shop is so beautiful you are happy to just visit it. It's old fashioned and whimsy, with lots of antiques hanging from the ceiling and adorable displays. The restaurant itself has a rustic feel.
The menu has lots of choices, so many it took us a while to order. I had the bowl of chicken soup which was cheap and hearty but a bit small. My husband took meatloaf with dumplings and two other vegetables. This was good, basic food with generous portions and they came with delicious biscuits and corn bread. My son took a steak with steak fries and apple sauce and he loved it.
The only negative side was the ac : it was cold in there, we should have brought our jackets.
I would go back if I could.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Eat their every time I am in Kingman AZ. Restaurant is very clean, the food is always good, service is excellent no complaints at all

Reviewed July 14, 2011

We have been there on several occasions during July 2011. The food has always been a wonderful taste of homemade dinners. The atmosphere is country.
The choices are not gourmet cuisine but simple comfort foods. The staff is friendly, they all help each other out so you are never without someone to bring you an extra drink or some extra buttermilk biscuits!
The meals are inexpensive so great choice for families.

Been to Cracker Barrel? Share your experiences!