“Clean and comfortable...”

and 1 more site!
Hill Top Motel
Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Kingman
Reviewed June 27, 2012

If you're looking for luxury, keep driving!! If you are looking for clean, comfortable, and affordable, stop here. The place could use some updating-a few cosmetic fixes would make a huge difference-and the walls are pretty thin, but for the price, we were pleased with our stay. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank colette424

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Please note that I am rating this property based on the price that I paid for the room, which was $42 a night. If I would have paid any more than that, the rating would be lower.

For the price the room was great. When I used the key (not card) to open the door it was like I stepped into a time machine. Seriously, time stopped at the Hilltop Motel. I am convinced the room looked exactly the way it did when the place opened. This is both a good thing and bad thing. This means that the motif was a bit dated, but the room was very, very clean. The pool was a little dirty, but there was a nice patio to watch 66 from.

For the price I highly recommend it.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Misty K
Reviewed April 26, 2012

This was a good, basic choice if you are looking for a trip down Nostalgia Lane....or if you want to feel like you are on set in the above movies. Some unfortunate 70's era carpeting, and they need a few new blankets, but it was clean and had a beautiful view of the mountains. Small pool out front. Owners were friendly, and Cleo the dog was a great addition to the premises.

Don't expect Crabtree and Evelyn in the bath, but if you are looking for an experience for your family, which we were, this is a great stop in Kingman.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Roamingtheworld
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Of all of the places my family and I stayed on our seven-day, cross-country road trip, I was most looking forward to staying at the Hill Top. The sign and property looked so inviting and authentically 50's ... all with a great view, too! When we pulled into Kingman and found the Hill Top, I wasn't a bit disappointed with the place -- the cactus gardens are beautiful, the signage is magnificent, and the owners (and their pup) are extremely helpful and a real delight. When we walked into our very reasonably priced room, however, I was a bit let down. Although the room was large (three queen beds) and had a mini-fridge, it had a definite smell that went beyond the normal musty odor you sometimes get at older motels. This was like an old, smoky odor that only somewhat abated after we opened the door and let the room air out a bit. Also, I always prefer to stay at Mom and Pop places over those yucky chains and understand that they are not always the most up-to-date, but I was disappointed to find that my bedspread had a big cigarette burn in it, the towels were very thin and frayed, and the ancient carpet was almost a dark brown from so many years of use. On the positive side, the room was large and clean, the beds were very comfortable, and there was plenty of hot water for all five of us. So, weighing the pros and cons, would I stay at the Hill Top again? Yes, I think I would. I will always support the Mom and Pops out there, and this place has a lot more pros than cons going for it.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank OKCgirl
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Stayed at the Hill Top Motel for 6 days.The room was large and the owners very friendly and helpful.Room included cable,internet,microwave,and refrigerator.Dennis even threw in a coffee maker for us.I would definately stay here again ,and recommend it to anyone.Small town charm on the historic route 66!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Julie G
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I travel through Kingman periodically, and always stay at the Hill Top Motel. It is clean, quiet, and the management team is very nice. Not too expensive, and has all the features I like: handsome oak paneling, rooms with refrigerators, microwaves, wireless Internet access and coffee makers; while the parking lot has security cameras.

Room Tip: Every room I've had was fine. Be sure to make reservations for "event" weekends, such...