“If you want to try bungee.. This is the place to do it...” 5 of 5 bubbles

Private Tour: Cultural Soweto Tour from Johannesburg or Pretoria
Ranked #1 of 1 Fun & Games in Soweto
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“If you want to try bungee.. This is the place to do it...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

Spent over a week in jo'burg on vacation and saw the flyer fo Orlando towers in the hotel lobby. Bungee jumping has always been on my bucket list so with some trepidation, myself and 3 travelling companions decided to give it a go. Our ages ranged from 17 to 46 and out levels of comfort from at ease to extreme anxiety.

We had driven to Soweto a couple of days earlier so knew where to go and felt more than safe on the roads.

We had a couple of false starts as the centre isn't open every day and the opening times change depending on what day you go. Wise to ring first to check for the day you are planning.

The staff on the ground were really helpful and the centre busy with an air of excitement. You can also do abseiling down the side of the tower or a swing bungee inside one ofthe towers for the less adventurous.
There were lots of locals there on corporate team days which was great for us visitors to be a part of.

We got harnessed up at the bottom of the towers and were grateful for the good natured banter of the staff as we were starting to sweat a bit.

To reach the bungee platform, participants have to ride in an elevator on the outside of one of the towers, there is the option of going up just for the ride and the view. If the jump isn't your thing, this would be worth the money as the view is spectacular, both of the townships and the jumping. You also get a feel of the excitement of the jumpers. The guys will happily bring you back down the lift.

I have to say, being a first time jumper, the staff were amazing. They mixed up the conversation with humour, safety instructions and encouragement.

From the safety perspective, I've trained in high ropes and these guys knew their stuff. The equipment was well maintained although I did ask them to change my ankle straps as one was a little frayed. They were more than happy to comply. They also put you in a full body harness which is attached to the bungee rope as an added safety feature.

Our group had one woman who was particularly anxious and the guys at the top were amazing at making her feel confident she could do it.

We didn't have to wait too long, had time to enjoy the view at the top then 5,4,3,2,1 bungee!!!

It was one of the best experiences of my life and I'm so glad I jumped at Orlando.

Photos are taken of your jump and you can purchase on cd them after. These were of great quality and captured the moment perfectly.

Afterwards, you can relax under the towers and have a drink or a snack watching the jumps from below.

The whole thing cost us around $60 AUD, cheap compared to in Australia and with much better bragging rights I reckon!!

The four of us thought it was fantastic.

2 Thank Brissooze