Faircity Quatermain Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hilton Sandton(Sandton)
$142
Travelocity
$102
$84
All reviewsmorningside shopping centrecountry housequiet hotelcomplimentary shuttle servicesmall swimming pooldesk staffconference roomshuttle busnight staycity hotelrooms are largebeautiful gardenreception areasandton areasouth africaenjoyed my staysafe area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I thought long about what to write because the hotel as such is not bad and I was probably just unlucky with the room I was given. (102). The room itself was clean and had a cozy touch however, it was noisy! I came in from a flight and needed to catch up with some sleep before heading out for a meeting in the evening, but it was impossible to sleep as the room was located right next to a pass through. Also staff didnt bother to keep it down a bit. I am not a happy camper if I dont get enough sleep...

Neverthless and all in all, it is a clean hotel. The breakfast is standard with nothing special to mention.

Room Tip: dont take 101, 102 or 103 except if your are deaf
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Jaco S, General Manager at Faircity Quatermain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Dear Sascha K,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. I do really apologise that you were inconvenienced by noise around your room during your stay and can assure you that the issue has been addressed.

We also appreciate the fact that you found the room clean and cozy.

We sincerely hope that you will return to our country and beautiful hotel one day so we can again host you in the manner that you have experienced during your recent stay.

Yours in hospitality,
Jaco Steyn

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Wow wow wow!!

We stayed here for three nights while my boyfriend was on a business conference in Jo-burg.

The room was excellent. Good ac, great bathroom with a nice and huge shower and a regular sized bath tub. Nice pressure in the shower hose and shower room is big enough for two. Shampoo smelled really nice. Big nice towels. I wish there had been some body lotion but that's really the only thing I can remark on.
The bed was very big and very comfortable. I liked that there were two different pillows to choose from. Nice king size cover that is big enough for two. Good size tv and a nice desk where one can work from.

Room service was impeccable! From all the hotels I have ever stayed at I don't think that I have ever felt so safe and so well taken care of. The reception staff was fun and personal, but very professional at the same time. They smiled a lot and made sure to give great advice on what to do during the day. The cleaning staff was very nice and very polite. They always knocked and made sure not to go into the room until they were 100 percent sure they could do so. I wish other hotels had this policy too, where rather than relying on the sign on the door you actually communicate with the guest.

The restaurant staff was great too. One lady who spoke french fluently made sure to take care of me during my hour long breakfast sessions.

The breakfast in itself was fresh and great, with loads and loads of fruits and excellent coffee. Eggs made on spot the way you order them, and thick slices of bacon. I was in heaven every morning.

Not sure why this hotel is not a 5 star hotel. But thank you for a great stay. I really enjoyed it and it gave me a great impression of what type of people really live in Jo-burg. Amazing ones.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Jaco S, General Manager at Faircity Quatermain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Agsun,

Firstly thank you very kindly for taking the time to review our hotel in such detail as you did.

We truly appreciate your comments about comfort of the bathrooms, guest rooms, and facilities in the rooms.

I have shared your wonderful comments about Front Office, Housekeeping and F&B staff with the relevant departments. Your comments and feedback are much appreciated.

Yours in hospitality,
Jaco Steyn

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I recently stayed at Quatermain and absolutely loved it. From the moment we walked in, staff were smiling and helpful.
My room was fantastic and offered all the extras that one needs when on a business trip. I cannot fault the fine afterthoughts throughout the room. It was modern and extremely comfortable as was the rest of the hotel. The lounge areas and bar are always great extras to have.

The restaurant experience was incredible as was every mouthful of my dinner and breakfast. Being situated in Sandton, this hotel and restaurant are the perfect pair and offer business travellers the great service, comfort and efficiency that is needed .

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Jaco S, Manager at Faircity Quatermain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear Lexybacara,

Thank you very much for taking time to rate our hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your comments and positive feedback.

We are glad to be of service to you and look forward to welcoming you back at the Faircity Quatermain soon.

Kindest Regards
Management & Team

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Very clean comfortable hotel with positive friendly staff in all areas. Reception arranged rooms to our requirements in advance of arrival. Breakfast choice extensive and dining staff efficient and service with a smile. Hotel bar stocked reasonably well but even if they ran out of certain products the bar staff arranged for restock at short notice (Thanks Hilton). Bonus of a courtesy shuttle service to central sandton efficiently arranged through reception.

Room Tip: While all rooms are exceptionally good standard rooms 116 - 119 and 301 - 302 have poolside views and a covered seating area outside rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Jaco S, Manager at Faircity Quatermain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear Anthony S,

Thank you very much for taking time to rate our beautiful hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your comments and positive feedback.

Thank you also for mentioning our service staff like Hilton, who constantly endeavour to meet and exceed our guests' expectations.

Kindest Regards
Management & Team

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have stayed here on business trips on a number of occassions and have found the standards to be consistently high. The premises are clean, the check-in, room service and restaurant staff are efficient (albeit not overly friendly), the rooms are comfortable and well appointed, the gym is small but sufficient and the library and bar areas offer good "break" areas.
The hotel is built over a number of levels and you will be required to climb at least a few stairs, no matter where your room is. I am not sure, but doubt that it is fully wheelchair accessible.
While the rooms in the "old" section - around the courtyard outside the restaurant are more convenient, noise levels from the restaurant can be distracting, so maybe ask for a room in the "new" section (rooms in the 300 to 500 series) if you are bothered by such things.

• Stayed: February 2013
Jaco S, Manager at Faircity Quatermain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Ribbie-001

Thank you firstly for being such a loyal patron of our hotel and second for your great review. We greatly value all feedback from our guests. We hope to see you many more times in future and look forward to welcoming you back in our beautiful hotel.

Kind regards,