“Excellent hotel”

Faircity Quatermain Hotel
Ranked #17 of 47 Hotels in Sandton
Reviewed September 10, 2012

This is an excellent boutique hotel in Sandton. Our room was a good size, very clean and comfortable overlooking the pool. The service was excellent and the breakfast very good. People at the front desk were very helpful. I would recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank sportguy18
Jane P, Front Office Manager at Faircity Quatermain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear sportguy18

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Faircity Quatermain on Trip Advisor. I am very pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast and especially glad that you found the Front Desk staff to be helpful!
We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Sandton!

Kind regards
Jane Patterson on behalf of Faircity Falstaff Management.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Qutermain Faircity Falstaff Hotels Sandton

Fantastic value and THE best service –I had 3 winter weeks to spend in Sandton and The Quatermain was my home away from home.
The tranquillity of this boutique hotel and the homely setting with all the facilities to a high standard was the only way I could survive this long in the city.
The GM Jaco Steyn Venter have a gift in motivating his staff to maintain the professional and friendly service that I experienced for the full period I was hotel bound –
This is indeed a treasure in the centre of the business city and I can certainly recommend the Quatermain as a sanctuary after a long business day.
The restaurant “Sel et Poivre “ with chef extraordinaire COCO and maitre-d Kennedy is an absolute gem and a big part of the comfort and enjoyment of my stay- the menu her is brilliant and the passion they have for FOOD is reflected in the VERY PLEASANT experience I enjoyed every evening.
Well after 3 weeks we are all part of Faicity family and I will certainly be back and I can just say THANK YOU -- for the extra effort you made to welcome my wife to the hotel for the last 10 days of my stay - and all the arrangements and transporting you did for her.
Leon & Manda van der Walt Knysna RSA

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank leon v
Jane P, Front Office Manager at Faircity Quatermain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Dear Leon V,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us this wonderful review!
We are so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and I will be sure to pass your compliments on to all!
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Jane Patterson on behalf of Faircity Falstaff Management

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Enjoyed my stay, very convenient around the corner from the Morningside Shopping Centre.
I enjoy the sister hotel "the Falstaff" more, it's cheaper and more silent. Been here with a big group of a business conference....could not even find the peace at my room. Fully booked and ad to fight for space at the breakfast table.
Not much mor comfort as in the Falstaff .
All in all good service, friendly staff....

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Thomas S
Jane P, Front Office Manager at Faircity Quatermain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear Thomas S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review both of our properties on Trip Advisor!
Our properties, although very similar are quite different, I am very interested to hear that you prefer the Falstaff and I am glad you had the opportunity to visit both!

I hope we will see you back at the Falstaff again soon!

Kind regards
Jane Patterson on behalf of Faircity Falstaff Management.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights for business, it is with easy reach of all the key business centres & the CBD. They wifi every where breakfast opens early and there is a gym and a pool, although it was winter.
The hotel is low rise and a bit of a labyrinth which took some getting use to, I usually prefer a modern youthful hotel so this was a conservative change of atmosphere for me but suited the city and the client base.

Excellent really helpful staff with a great breakfast. My only critque would be nothing healthy on the dinner menu like veggie Lasanga or Pad Thia some thing light.

They organised me a driver which is a good idea in Jo burg and he was a total star. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Get a room looking over a pool or a court yard if you are staying a few days and working from your r...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Jane P, Front Office Manager at Faircity Quatermain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Dear Kabwe

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Faircity Quatermain! I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and I will be certain to mention your requests for healthier options to the Chef.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Pleasant, friendly hotel with good service from all staff. Stayed for 4 nights. Checked in early morning and checked out in afternoon - ideal for flights to UK. Food no more than ok - pretentions of French cuisine but.... Good location if looking to minimise traffic congestion but ultimately it's isolated and unless you are driving yourself, you feel stranded. Next time I will go for a more central Sandton hotel to be able to walk out of hotel to another restaurant, shop or bar.

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear CSB London

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate your feedback regarding your stay with us at Faircity Quatermain! We are very pleased to hear that you received good service from all our staff members.
We are located in a suburb, which is not walking distance from Sandton Central, however we do offer a complimentary shuttle to Sandton Central as well as the Rivonia shopping precinct.

Warm regards,

Reviewed March 18, 2012

Just finished doing a 2-day training course at the Faircity Quatermain, as well as sleeping there 3 nights. In a nutshell: wonderful service, tasty food & high quality accommodations.

The conference facilities are easy to use, acoustics in the room were fine, lighting adjustable, and A/C worked well. As for my accommodation, it was above average, with a little refrigerator in the room instead of a pricey mini-bar. A 1/2 liter of water was provided gratis. And most importantly, the maid took pride in her work ensuring the room was tidy & clean.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
FaircityQuatermain, Front Office Manager at Faircity Quatermain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2012

Dear RichardCA,

Thank you so much for your kind review of our Hotel! I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope you will be back soon!

Jane Patterson on behalf of Faircity Falstaff Management

Reviewed February 28, 2012

I pretty much lived here for a couple of months and the staff got to know me really well so I am sure that helped. Absolutely nothing like what you would expect from an American hotel but it was very peaceful and relaxing. Great location. If you call the dining room for room service it takes forever but they are mostly willing to make you things that are not on the menu.

Room Tip: the rooms right off the dining patio are noisy if you are a late sleeper so try to get one in the ba...
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
FaircityQuatermain, Front Office Manager at Faircity Quatermain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2012

Good day,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor! We are very pleased that you found our property to be peaceful and relaxing, and happy to hear that your spent so much time here.

I have noted your comments with regard to room service taking a while and will certainly mention them to the Owner and Chef of Sel et Poivre - Coco Fathi Reinarhz.

I trust that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the near future.