What a horrible, terrible, dirty, ugly, old, greedy hotel! And if you think that is bad - their service is worse!
*Uninformed reception - prepaid and then she wanted to charge me, I had to tell her how their system works and that they have online capability to take pre-payment
*Pre-requested Champagne in room, asked receptionist whether all was set when we checked in... she said "it should be" - needless to say it wasn't! I had to ask them to please bring it up... so much for the Valentines surprize element.
*I travel 69 nights away per annum and have yet to pay so much for so little, over R3,000 per night for a small, old, stinky hotel room - fit for anyone who simply doesn't know any better
* You also have to pay for Parking at Sandton city - you need change for it. I receive validated parking tickets where I shop, but not where I stay - crazy actually... then get told by another reception person upon checking out that they as staff has to pay as well - like that makes any difference to the situation.
* Be prepared to pay over R100 for a 1.5l of water
* I had to phone them again the day of check-out as they ended up charging me twice for accommodation, although this was discussed upon check-in
Get this, I received an automated survey via email 1 week later - I completed a feedback form by hand at the hotel!!!!! Not that I received any feedback from their useless staff and General manager, they ruined my Valentines & it cost me an arm and a leg for them to do so… I tried to leave a guestbook comment for them on their direct site, but I understand completely why they would deactivate the hyperlink to result in an error… all their guests would leave horrible messages for them – clever to leave only 2 comments from “happy” guests!
This hotel is a disgrace to their industry and a disgrace to South Africa!
I will continue to stay at the Radisson from now on when residing in a hotel group in SA - Legacy sucks on so many levels!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Michelangelo Towers rises a majestic 146 meters above the Sandton skyline and is the tallest building in Sandton, third tallest building in Johannesburg and fifth tallest commercial structure in South Africa.This luxurious and spacious accommodation in Sandton is ideal for both the corporate traveler and leisure seeker. Classically inspired through the use of conventional arches, sandstone finishes and mouldings. Contemporary modern details including stainless steel and glass balustrades and aluminum framed sliding, folding and stacking doors and windows.The elegant rooms boast panoramic views over the Magaliesburg and Gauteng skyline.The Michelangelo Towers is ideally situated within easy reach of the Sandton Convention Centre and the Johannesburg Stock Exchange, making it the ideal venue for high powered business executives.The Michelangelo Towers comprises of 194 luxury apartments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Hotel.de, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Michelangelo Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Michelangelo Towers Hotel Sandton
- Michelangelo Hotel Johannesburg
- Michelangelo Towers Sandton, Greater Johannesburg