The location of the hotel is great, being attached to the mall and 5 mins walk from Nelson Mandela Square. while it is in no way an authentic Joburg experience, the area is great from a security perspective, so it was nice to feel safe wandering around at night, even as a solo female traveller. The room i stayed in was amazing - a totally homely suite, which was nice to have given i was there for a week on business - very comfortable and really big. I used the indoor and outdoor pools during the week, both a bit small, but cant complain as i had them to myself each time!
I would echo what Russell G said about breakfast - one day it took half an hour to get my eggs benedict, despite there being more staff than customers in the restaurant (i was one of only 3 occupied tables). Also the WiFi is somewhat inconsistent, and it dropped on numerous occasions as i was trying to work which was very frustrating. I would also suggest that the hotel change the way it produces its invoices. They split dinner into "Parc Ferme - Dinner", "Park Ferme - Beverages" and "Parc Ferme - Gratuities". This can make it difficult for business travellers when claiming expenses, and may enourage people not to give gratuities. Small thing, but would be worth looking at just giving an overall number for "dinner".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Michelangelo Towers rises a majestic 146 meters above the Sandton skyline and is the tallest building in Sandton, third tallest building in Johannesburg and fifth tallest commercial structure in South Africa.This luxurious and spacious accommodation in Sandton is ideal for both the corporate traveler and leisure seeker. Classically inspired through the use of conventional arches, sandstone finishes and mouldings. Contemporary modern details including stainless steel and glass balustrades and aluminum framed sliding, folding and stacking doors and windows.The elegant rooms boast panoramic views over the Magaliesburg and Gauteng skyline.The Michelangelo Towers is ideally situated within easy reach of the Sandton Convention Centre and the Johannesburg Stock Exchange, making it the ideal venue for high powered business executives.The Michelangelo Towers comprises of 194 luxury apartments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Agoda, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Michelangelo Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Michelangelo Towers Hotel Sandton
- Michelangelo Hotel Johannesburg
- Michelangelo Towers Sandton, Greater Johannesburg