Good location, an easy walk to Mandela Square. Helpful and friendly staff. Good selection in the cold buffet for breakfast Anything hot has to be ordered from the menu.
Air conditioning was reasonably quiet and efficient. The bed wasn't as comfortable as I'd have liked, two singles dragged together and although it had a single large mattress you could still feel the ridge down the middle. Probably I was a bit unlucky there. The room was reasonably large and comfortable, although it did feel a little tired. Always nice to have complimentary tea and coffee. The wi-fi was a bit flakey at times but that was complimentary too so not so bad. All in all a reasonable, if possibly overpriced, business hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Johannesburg's business district and connected to the most luxurious shopping centre in the city, the hotel offers 5-star accommodation and a range of business and leisure facilities to all travellers, including state-of-the-art boardrooms, conference and banquet facilities. The menus at the award-winning restaurants are seasonal and sustainable while the outdoor deck offers breath-taking views of the city. Everything from a sundowner deck to a luxurious spa can be found under one roof, highlighting accessibility and connectivity ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Sandton Sun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandton Sun Hotel Sandton
- Sun Hotel Sandton
- Sandton Sun Greater Johannesburg