My husband and I stayed here overnight during a business trip.I would recommend the hotel for its central location to most of Sandton CBD and its location on top of a shopping mall,which makes it very convenient for some last minute shopping.Our room on the 12th floor overlooked a building site and the bathroom was straight out of the 70's.We did however have a wonderful bed and we slept soundly.After a very late night it was fortunate that we were awake at 9am when the staff knocked on the door as they wanted to make up the room already.We also experienced problems at check-out and were directed to another floor as their printer was malfunctioning.We were also charged R40.00 for parking overnight in the hotel parking garage.I would have imagined parking to be included in the room rate at a luxury hotel.In summary I would say that while the accommodation was functional,it was certainly not memorable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Johannesburg's business district and connected to the most luxurious shopping centre in the city, the hotel offers 5-star accommodation and a range of business and leisure facilities to all travellers, including state-of-the-art boardrooms, conference and banquet facilities. The menus at the award-winning restaurants are seasonal and sustainable while the outdoor deck offers breath-taking views of the city. Everything from a sundowner deck to a luxurious spa can be found under one roof, highlighting accessibility and connectivity ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandton Sun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandton Sun Hotel Sandton
- Sun Hotel Sandton
- Sandton Sun Greater Johannesburg