Sandton Sun
  • Restaurant
$549
$526
1,033 results
All reviewsshopping malldirect accessnelson mandela squaresun decksandton citynespresso machineconvention centerexcellent hoteltsogo sunworld classhouse keepingbusiness hotelbusiness tripsouth africaenjoyed my staygautrain stationvinny
Reviewed April 19, 2012

With a recent Corporate booking, requirements was made for members to share rooms but all the rooms were left with the beds made up for couples sharing the bed. When I expressed my concern about this, the front desk person left me and went to the backoffice to contact my company to report that I threw "a tantrum" not willing to share a ROOM. While this person was away doing this, another front desk agent who apparently overheard this, ask if it would be fine if they split the beds in two and ACCEPTED that I was happy with that and this was later done. This was also later done to ALL the beds in all the rooms where members were sharing rooms. Unfortunately, due to this and ito our Corporate conduct policy, this resulted in an uncomfortable and unnecessary interview between myself, Management and HR to clarify the matter. As a frequent Business traveller, I sleep out a lot but I have NEVER experienced such poor and irresponsible service (If you also take the pathetic roomservice incident into consideration) from a Hotel where one would expect above-average level of service or staff conduct. Hopefully our Corporate booking office will take my views into consideration next time accommodation is required in Sandton.

Room Tip: Check-in staff should be advised about the saying "Clients are always right", to FIRST ensure they are FULLY aquainted with the T&C's and requirements of Corporate/Business reservations and the consequenses of their actions if there is a misunderstanding.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Andrevanbb v
Reviewed April 12, 2012

My husband and I were fortunate enough to get the absolute pleasure in expereincing the best Hotel service we yet to see. We purchased a romantic package which was superb value for money.
ALL the staff at the Sandton Sun where very accomodating and truely do know how to make your stay one to remember.
The attention to detail in the rooms where to die for. The SPA treatment is a MUST and was the best message we have received. The resturant and bar where outstanding....
Truely could not fault this hotel at all... will be seeing alot more of us in the future months to follow.

Room Tip: We stayed in a Luxary Suite and the corner units seem to be the bigger units and stunning views
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Stayed here a couple of nights in March 2012. Facilities in the room were very good and especially the capsule coffee machine. Excellent bed and linen, towels, etc. Restaurants were good, including breakfast, and sitting out on the terrace having a few drinks in the evening was a very pleasant experience.
Staff were all pleasant, smiling and helpful. Special mention for the concierge, Sam, who quickly organised a change in my flight to Australia for the next day. Was really surprised how competent, quick and efficient he was to fix what was in reality a complex booking change, including internal flights in Australia. He was very knowledgeable. Expensive hotel, would stay here on business any time.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Not been to the hotel since 1991. Hotel a bit tired but makes up with awesome position and the friendly staff. Guys at breakfast(Themba) was just amazing. Hotel works like clockwork

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I had a suite here overlooking the city. Three good restaurants in the hotel complex so I did not have to travel far when I came back late from work.
On the sixth floor you can enter the shopping area.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business