Rivonia Bed & Breakfast Garden Estate
$172
InterContinental
$535
$502
All reviewsb brivonia bbunderfloor heatingbird lifehome away from homeself cateringbeautiful gardengreat place to stayfantastic stayan oasissafe locationcomfortable staybreakfast was excellentcomfortable roomseasy accesssouth africabusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I always love staying at the Rivonia B&B. It is personal, clean and picturesque. With all the facilities in the room, I find it such good value. I will definitely be staying there again. I got a stand on ceremony reception even though I arrived fairly close to closing time

Room Tip: The luxury rooms are delightfully large and airy. But all rooms I have stayed in have a decent view
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
jillymSouthAfrica, Owner at Rivonia Bed & Breakfast Garden Estate, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

'Personal, clean and picturesque'. Thanks for those words. We try very hard to meet those criteria and we really appreciate your review which encourages us to try even harder. Best wishes. Gerard & Jill & the Rivonia B&B team

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed at Rivonia B&B in August 2013 . Check-in was easy , and we found our room to be pleasant , unfortunately the lack of hot water was disappointing and we had to put with it for most of the week as we awaited to be moved to another room with sufficient hot water .The owner did give us a ring to tell us that they switch the hot water off during peak times but the last thing I needed after a long haul flight was a cold shower. The first room we were allocated was room 40, the staff made alot of noise in the mornings shouting and chatting to each other , as well as dragging the pool furniture around at 7:00am(while cleaning them) which was rather disturbing . Kitchen staff forgot my hot breakfast and left me waiting for half hour on the second day so that added to my disappointment. The parking is also a bit tight so unfortunately I would rate it a 3. however the staff are friendly and the location is great.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
jillymSouthAfrica, Owner at Rivonia Bed & Breakfast Garden Estate, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

We were very distressed to receive your review. We have investigated and addressed your complaints with urgency.
1. Regarding the lack of hot water: We use solar geysers for most rooms, with electrical back-up. An electrical power outage appears to have resulted in the geyser timer having gone out of phase. The electrical geysers are switched off during peak-power demand periods as requested by the national power supplier in SA. The solar geysers function well in providing hot water throughout the day. The timers on the electrical geysers are set to ensure that guests have hot water at 6 am and again at 5 pm. We apologize profusely for not having picked up this fault. We have very seldom had problems with hot water, but will be doubly vigilant on this front from now on.
2. The noise caused by the staff and delay in serving breakfast is unacceptable. This has been addressed by management and the necessary disciplinary action has been taken.

We pride ourselves in the service we aim to provide and your experience is a great disappointment to us, our management and staff. We will do all everything possible to maintain the standards required by our guests.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Me and my family spent two night in the Rivonia BB. We had a GREAT stay there, stunning room, most caring and wonderful staff. It was a very pleasant stay. The breakfast is also great. I think they are a 5 five star guest house, not 4.

Ailson Semá

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
jillymSouthAfrica, Owner at Rivonia Bed & Breakfast Garden Estate, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words. We like to be called 5-star. It is praise indeed. We do hope to see you again soon. Best wishes from the whole Rivonia B&B team.

Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

I was blown away at how great this B&B is - a gentle village like atmosphere surrounds you and takes you out of the busy hustle and bustle of Johannesburgs northern suburbs. The breakfasts are great too!

• Stayed: August 2013

We loved your description of our guest house. We try to create 'a gentle village-like atmosphere',but we've never been able to express it so well. Thank you so much! From Gerard & Jill and the Rivonia B&B team.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Last June I stayed in Rivonia B&B for a bussiness trip. Had to work in Sunninghill Hospital. It was my second stay in this B&B. For my work I stay quit often in South Africa. Allthough I never had a bad stay in South Africa I must admit this is the very best stay. You feel really welcome here. The appartments are very clean and complete. There even was an umbrella available. ;-) I thought we only need them in the Netherlands.
Breakfast is very good and you can even have dinner during workdays. Very comfortable when you don't have to look for a restaurant after working. The staff is very friendly and helpfull. They arranged transport every day no matter what time I had to start working and picked me up when I was finished. I love this place and to visit again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
jillymSouthAfrica, Owner at Rivonia Bed & Breakfast Garden Estate, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Thank you for staying with us. Your comments really motivate the staff and ourselves to provide the best service ever. Visit us in summer and you will enjoy our impressive afternoon thunder storms .......... then you will need an umbrella. Best wishes. Jill & Gerard and the Rivonia B&B Team.