Rivonia Bed & Breakfast Garden Estate
$254
$106
$67
Hotels.com
All reviewsb brivonia bbunderfloor heatingbird lifehome away from homeself cateringbeautiful gardengreat place to stayfantastic stayan oasissafe locationcomfortable staybreakfast was excellentcomfortable roomseasy accesssouth africabusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 21, 2011

I've stayed here before on business and when an airline rescheduled our flight home and we needed to stay in the Joburg area, it was a no brainer.

Rivonia B&B is a gracious and old fashioned (in the nicest sense) journey into a world of comfort, courtesy and beauty.

The grounds are relaxing and the breakfast room has a gorgeous view of guineau fowl and other creatures walking aound the pretty pool area.

A very good meal delivery service rounds off what is an unbeatable experience - best wises to Mr and Mrs Marais and congratulations on what you have built over the years.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
jillymSouthAfrica, Owner at Rivonia Bed & Breakfast Garden Estate, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2011

We like our guest house being called 'gracious' and a little 'old fashioned'. We like our guests to feel 'cosy' and 'comfortable'. Thanks for taking the time to write good things about us. Much appreciated!

Reviewed August 14, 2011

one of the best places i have stayed in and i have traveled to 65 countries. Excellent service and attention to detail. Floor heating during the winter was a huge plus. The breakfast alone was of 5 star quality. 5 minutes by car to rivonia central. I will definitely go back

ramesh

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
jillymSouthAfrica, Owner at Rivonia Bed & Breakfast Garden Estate, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2011

65 countries - and we are the best. Thanks for the HUGE compliment. We love adding variety to our breakfast menu and really have fun dreaming up new dishes to serve. Yes, we are also sold on the underfloor heating!

Reviewed August 12, 2011

As noted this a home away from home. Owners and staff are fully engaged in making a stay the most comfortable and relaxing as possible.

Room Tip: Have yet to have a bad room.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. So glad you like Rivonia Bed & Breakfast. Gerard and I enjoyed hearing your USA news as we have family there too. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 10, 2011

I spent over four weeks in one stretch and I loved every day. The setup is excellent for people like me who need a home away from home. Great location and facilities. The outstanding bit is the personalized service which is not too invasive.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business

We are so glad you felt at home at Rivonia Bed & Breakfast. Four weeks is a long time to be away from friends and family. Thank you for taking the time to write to us. We, the owners, and our hard working staff, love to bask in in the warmth of kind words. They make us try even harder. Please visit us again!

Reviewed August 10, 2011

Just from recieving answers to my questions via mail, I felt warmly welcome to the Rivonia Bed and Breakfast. Travelling alone and coming to Johannesburg was a bit of a worry for me. I was picked up at the airport, transfered to my tour start and being picked up again after the end. That made it really easy and save for me.
The wonderful breakfast, which I missed on my first stay, made me feel like being in heaven. One of the best breakfast I ever had within a stay.
Many thanks to Filltah and Zani for the warm welcome, even not knowing me.
I will definetly recommend my stay at the Rivonia Bed and Breakfast to anyone travelling to Johannesburg needing a stay.

I had a relaxing and wonderful time with you.

Room Tip: Very clean rooms, wonderful to have this luxery after a 16 day camping tour.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
jillymSouthAfrica, Owner at Rivonia Bed & Breakfast Garden Estate, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2011

We're so glad we could welcome and spoil you after a long camping trip. Also, we try our best to make our breakfasts an exciting experience, so thanks for the compliment. Some of our guests have actually contributed recipes & ideas for the menu - which makes for an interesting variety of dishes. Do visit us again!