My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon for one night in October 2007.
Our room, while large and nice (and very large bathroom), felt to us as though it had not been occupied in a while (like someone had gotten all the dust out just prior to our arrival). The staff is pretty stuck-up and pretentious.
The restaurant was terrible. You sit at your table forever and wait for the food. When it arrives, it is awful. Neither what my husband ordered nor what I ordered was very good at all.
The grounds, as you can see from the pictures, are very beautiful.
I would not want to stay here again, especially for the money.
I'm not sure where one would stay in Johannesburg. A friend of mine was with a group that stayed at the Hotel Intercontinental at the same time (October 2007) and their room was robbed of all valuables.
My advice - just stay away from Johannesburg unless you know someone who lives there, can stay with them and they take you around. Even the nicest of hotels, as was mine and my friends' experience, are seriously lacking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairlawns Boutique Hotel & Spa is a unique and exclusive five-star sanctuary for today's business or leisure traveller. Conveniently situated in the Sandton suburb of Morningside Manor, major business hubs and shopping centers are a mere 4km away. The 40 luxurious suites are each individually decorated to the highest world standards with the Presidential Suite playing host to many local and international celebrities. Also on offer, is the popular Villa Residence (2 rooms, Lounge, Dining Room and private pool), perfect for families. A sought after conference centre, fully equipped gym, Balinese spa and superb a la carte restaurant complete the full range of guest services. In addition, the hotel offers complimentary transfers to the Sandton Shopping District. Airport transfers and transfers to other areas can be arranged at an additional cost. Golfers will not be disappointed as Fairlawns has an arrangement with the nearby Johannesburg Country Club, which offers two world-class golf courses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairlawns Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairlawns Boutique Hotel And Spa
- The Fairlawns Boutique Hotel Sandton
- Fairlawns Boutique Hotel & Spa Sandton, Greater Johannesburg