“Nice hotel, great location but pricey. ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers

You added InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers to your Saves list
InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corner Maude & Fifth Streets, Sandton 2146, South Africa   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #7 of 48 Hotels in Sandton
Harare
“Nice hotel, great location but pricey. ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

We travelled to Johannesburg during the Easter weekend 2014. We travel frequently to the Sandton area and normally stay in this hotel or in the next door Sandton Sun. The Intercontinental is conveniently adjourned to the upmarket mall Sandton city and Nelson Mandela square. The hotel ticks all the boxes for a five star. However one complaint is that although the hotel was not that busy, there was no Easter Special or special rates. It is fairly pricey considering that it looked to be quiet. However I highly recommend this hotel and will definitely be back.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank RinxZim
JosiahSandton, General Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and your comment concerning special rates over Easter has been noted. However, despite this I am pleased that you enjoyed your weekend stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Turkish first
Shelburne Falls, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

This Intercon gives you what you'd expect from the brand - nicely appointed rooms with plenty of space, an attentive and friendly staff, etc. The club area was a bit disappointing though compared to other hotels within the brand that I've stayed at. Good location, with plenty of good restaurant and bar options within a 5 minute walk.
Concierge staff was outstanding. Helped me line up activities, asked what types of things I was interested in, and then made suggestions based on the type of travel I like.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 stars
JosiahSandton, General Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to list your comments and I am sorry to hear that our Club Floor was disappointing compared with other hotels within the brand. However, I am delighted that the Concierge staff gave you great service, as it is something that our staff takes pride in and we greatly value your feedback.
South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for one night with my partner. It's just up the street from where we live but we just wanted to get away. I liked the room we were in and the bathroom too but it wasn't amazing. We ordered room service and I can't say I enjoyed the food. The breakfast buffet was average. Overall I might choose a different hotel in the area for this type of experience.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. We are sorry to hear that you had a less than pleasant experience with room service, the food in general and the breakfast buffet and regret that this impacted on your stay, as we have just launched new menus in the hotel. However, I do trust that I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again for a more than "ok" experience!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Had a car arranged via the hotel, driver was waiting when I got to the arrivals hall, cost around £45, well worth it especially considering early morning arrival. Quick and efficient check in despite arriving early on a Sunday. Room was excellent, quiet, comfortable, clean and included a dvd player, a coffee machine and an ipod dock...superb. Bed was first rate, shower was excellent. All staff were very polite, friendly and helpful. I stayed 6 nights and can't fault anything. Food was very good and not overpriced. Also arranged a car via hotel for return trip to airport, which was there right on time. All in all an excellent stay. Thanks to all at the hotel and well done

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the review of our hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you received good service, as it something our staff takes great pride in, so we greatly value your feedback. I do trust that I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in 2014.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

The Intercontinental Sandton is an excellent choice for those visiting Johannesburg. This hotel is located in the best tourist area of Johannesburg and I highly recommend this property. The hotel is right across the road from Nelson Mandela Square which provides numerous shopping and dining choices.
The rooms I viewed were clean, well kept and what you would expect from this calibre of hotel. My room was superb. The bed was very comfortable and the bedding appeared to be virtually new. The rooms are all equipped with Nespresso machines and a variety of coffees for the coffee junkies out there.
The gym is large and above average. It is equipped with many cardio and weight machines. The pool is located outside and near the gym.
I utilized the restaurant for breakfast each day and found the food to be excellent.
Overall I found the staff at this property, from check in to check out, to be top notch. Hotel staff and management deserve credit for their professionalism and for running a very well organized hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
      Location
    • 5 of 5 stars
JosiahSandton, General Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for your great feedback. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back again in 2014.
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

The lobby appeared very busy when I arrived but I was quickly helped to register and was in my room in no time. My room is well appointed and comfortable and I had a very good first night sleep, which was a pleasant surprise after flying for 18hrs.

All the staff I have encountered are very friendly and helpful and I would look forward to a return visit, given the chance.

I did a little walk-about and had fun discovering Nelson Mandela Square and the Sandton City shopping centre. All very conveniently located close to the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Location
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 stars
JosiahSandton, General Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to supply us with feedback and I am pleased that you had a good stay. However, I do look forward to welcoming you back again!
Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

After recent stays at more modest venues in Tana River, Kenya, this was an absolute treat. Notwithstanding the relativity, this is an excellent hotel in every aspect.
Location, fine and creative food, luxurious rooms, friendly and attentive staff and, the most powerful shower I've come across, perhaps they only comparable parallel with some parts of the Tana River.

Stayed July 2014
JosiahSandton, General Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for your positive feedback and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. However, I do trust that I will have the pleasure of meeting you on your next visit?