We stopped here to rest for two nights after very long flights on our first trip ever to Africa, before moving on to our real destination.
The hotel was clean and comfortable, the room spacious, and the staff arranged for drop-offs to the GauTrain back to the airport (conveniently two long blocks away, if you need to walk). They also arranged for an excellent minibus tour of Soweto on request. The hotel is next to malls with restaurants and upscale shops (though these close on Sunday).
On the other hand, the staff service was uneven, with some mistakes made that were surprising in this price range. And the food was all right, but nothing special.
There is heavy police presence in the hotel and mall vicinity and around the aiport; this may be excessive, but it is true that we experienced a theft even in the brief time we were at an airline's lounge at the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located in the safe hub of Sandton, Johannesburg with direct access to: shopping malls, Sandton Convention Centre, Food, Wine and excursions. Perfect for business of leisure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers Hotel Sandton
- Intercontinental Johannesburg Sandton Hotel
- Intercontinental Sandton
- InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers Greater Johannesburg