A welcome luxury in the big city. The Michelangelo supplies superb rooms, good food, and a superb central location if visiting Jo'burg. The adjacent shopping malls are excellent and enable one to find any missing items.
I found the staff friendly and helpful, the food was not as good as many hotels in this class but the nelson mandela square, opposite and below the hotel contains many good restaurants including the fantastic Butchers Arms.
Overall a very good stay and what you wouold expect from a hotel in this class
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A member of the Leading Hotels of the World, The Michelangelo Hotel guarantees visitors a five-star stay whether spending the day to attend a conference, staying overnight or merely visiting for a breakfast, lunch or dinner meeting. The splendor of the hotel's Renaissance architecture in the heart of Sandton's business and leisure district, as well as the service excellence and world-class facilities on offer, sets The Michelangelo apart from its competitors. Built around a central atrium, guests enjoy the decadent use of space which gives the feeling of grandeur in an area where space is at a premium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Michelangelo Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Michelangelo Hotel Johannesburg
- Michelangelo Hotel Sandton, Greater Johannesburg