My husband and I vacationed in South Africa. We flew into Johannesburg and stayed at The Michelangelo for two nights.
This a beautifully decorated hotel, with plush fabrics, interesting sculptures, and architecture. We booked a standard double room, which was very nice. The bathroom was a large marbled bathroom. The room was split level sitting and sleeping areas overlooking Mandela Square which was good for people watching. Lot's of restaurants. The hotel is connected to the Sandton Square Mall, which is great for shopping and is located in the business center area of the city.The square fills with the local in-crowds on weekends.
The staff at the hotel was courteous and cordial. Nothing above average. The staff arranged a couple of taxi's for us for a day trip to Soweto and transport to the airport. The driver that took us to Soweto even recommended a great little local neighborhood restaurant in Seweto where the food is absolutely delicious.
The Michelange is a comfortable hotel that we would stay at again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A member of the Leading Hotels of the World, The Michelangelo Hotel guarantees visitors a five-star stay whether spending the day to attend a conference, staying overnight or merely visiting for a breakfast, lunch or dinner meeting. The splendor of the hotel's Renaissance architecture in the heart of Sandton's business and leisure district, as well as the service excellence and world-class facilities on offer, sets The Michelangelo apart from its competitors. Built around a central atrium, guests enjoy the decadent use of space which gives the feeling of grandeur in an area where space is at a premium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Michelangelo Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Michelangelo Hotel Johannesburg
- Michelangelo Hotel Sandton, Greater Johannesburg