“Exceptional”
Review of Michelangelo Hotel

Michelangelo Hotel
Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in Sandton
Reviewed August 25, 2014

The hotel is perfectly situated for easy access to local stores and surrounding areas. The hotel staff are fantastic. The rooms are spacious and neat. The bathrooms are great. Having the shopping center accessible from inside the hotel, is a huge bonus. We looked out over Mandela Square from our room and it was entertaining when there were performers in the square.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
MichelangeloSandton, General Manager at Michelangelo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2014

Dear dw1t
Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.
Your positive comments motivate our team further to continue offering the best levels of service to all our valued guests.
We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Kind Regards

Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

This was third stay at this great hotel
My wife looks to walk and shop in near by maul
I always get my shoes shined at entrance while awaiting my ride
Food and drinks here are superb as is service in this great complex
See you soon
Strongly suggest this great hotel

Stayed: October 2013

Dear DRHIND
Thank you for your Trip Advisor review.
We are thrilled you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to welcoming you back for your 4th visit.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

I have stayed here for 3 nights on a business trip. The hotel is less than 5min-walk from Gautrain station Sandton which only takes about 15mins to get here from the airport. Both the hotel and staff were very nice, I had breakfast in the restaurant downstairs and was very happy with a wide range of breakfast options. The bar downstairs has a nice ambience with a fish pond right next to it. I have also used the Business Centre which was available 24h and hasn't required any passwords, there's also a printer available if needed. I'd recommend staying here on business as it can be a bit 'stuffy' if you're here with friends on a 'fun holiday'.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
MichelangeloSandton, General Manager at Michelangelo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

Dear JustaPL
Thank you for your review posted on Trip Advisor.
We appreciate your feedback and look forward to warmly welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I spent two nights here introducing my newest kiddo to his Johannesburg family. It is perfectly located for everyone to come to us to meet the bub. At first they put us in a room that was small and overlooking the taxi rank but we complained and then they moved us to a lovely room overlooking the square. the wonderful Bell boy, Patrick, went above and beyond to make our stay as comfortable as possible.

The hotel is really luxurious and the staff is fantastic, making our short JHB stay a really relaxing and easy one with our baby.

Room Tip: if you are not 100% happy with your room, ask for a better one. you won't get if you don't a...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Dallia B
MichelangeloSandton, General Manager at Michelangelo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Dear Dallia B
Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.
We are delighted your stay was a memorable one and that Patrick in particular made your stay extra special.
We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

I stayed here in March of this year and it was the best experience I have had in a hotel. As someone who has visited over 30 countries this means something to me. The staff was so accommodating and helpful. The ensured that we were comfortable and went above and beyond what was expected. I swear this is the last hotel in the world that still puts chocolate on your pillow. Even though breakfast was a buffet the staff served you. I have never been treated so well. Buto n top of that the location is spectacular. You are right at a great mall with lots of shopping ofr all people and as a plus sized girl I know how hard it is to find my size. I also think the price on this place was more than fair. People you have got to stay here

Room Tip: All of them seemed great
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Travelergirl998

Dear Travelergirl998
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.
It truly is wonderful to read your positive comments regarding your stay with us. As a guest who has stayed in over 30 hotels, your comments serve to further motivate our team to continue delivering service which meets and exceeds guests expectations and your review is a testament to this.
We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Kind Regards

Reviewed July 30, 2014

I was lucky enough to stay here, as my partner was on business. Staff are all extremely friendly, well presented and helpful. Room was on the small side, but had everything we needed, with a nice balcony view of the city. Bathroom very nice. Common areas very clean, quiet and posh. Spa had a good selection of treatments, and is within the hotel. Hotel is located right inside Nelson Mandela's square, and in the Sandton city mall - both great places to visit. Plenty of places to eat around you, you certainly don't have to have a car to stay here! I hope to stay here again one day!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear sarah14387
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor.
We are thrilled your stay was a memorable one and that you found our staff to be "extremely friendly, well presented and helpful"
We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back in the near future.
Best wishes

Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

The Michelangelo Hotel in Santon is by far the best city hotel I ever stayed in. If I could I would gave them 7 stars. Their service and attention to detail is unbeatable. I found all staff extreamly friendly, helpfull and very well trained. The food is of outstanding quality. It is ideal for business meetings and is very well situated and just a 5 min walk from Stanton Gautrain station. If you can afford to stay there you will not be dissapointed!!!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Ratego

Dear Hannes N
Thank you very much for your review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your kind comments and will be sure to share these with the entire Michelangelo Hotel team.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.