This was my first night in South Africa. Tired after the long flight from Sydney, the warm welcome and speedy check-in were very welcome. I was given a great briefing on the facilities and hours of opening, then shown to my room promptly. It was large, beautifully appointed, and with good wifi at no marginal cost. Dinner was very good, with lots of local food on offer - springbok carpaccio, kingclip - and the assistance with selection of food, and the wine to accompany it, was cheerful and plentiful.
It is located in Nelson Mandela Square, in Sandton City, which is a beautiful part of Johannesburg.
We would have liked to stay longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A member of the Leading Hotels of the World, The Michelangelo Hotel guarantees visitors a five-star stay whether spending the day to attend a conference, staying overnight or merely visiting for a breakfast, lunch or dinner meeting. The splendor of the hotel's Renaissance architecture in the heart of Sandton's business and leisure district, as well as the service excellence and world-class facilities on offer, sets The Michelangelo apart from its competitors. Built around a central atrium, guests enjoy the decadent use of space which gives the feeling of grandeur in an area where space is at a premium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Michelangelo Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Michelangelo Hotel Johannesburg
- Michelangelo Hotel Sandton, Greater Johannesburg