I'll make this simple for you, if you're on holiday or traveling on business and this hotel is in your budget I'd get this booked. It's definitely one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. The building looks impressive on the outside but is spectacular on the inside.
I got upgraded, and had a balcony in my room which was cool. The room was huge with a bathroom not much smaller, great bed and pillows.
The breakfast buffet looked good, but I ordered off the menu and it was one of the best eggs benedicts that I've ever had. I was very disappointed that I didn't have time the second morning for a repeat, so I took some pastries etc.
There is also a great steakhouse downstairs, that isn't part of the hotel but is underneath the bar, and it's amazing, and I highly recommend it.
And finally, the staff there are excellent, from the drivers, to the manager of the drivers, to the concierge, to the desk staff, to the cleaners to the hotel manager. Probably the most attentive staff at any hotel I've ever been to.
Great experience staying there, can't fault it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A member of the Leading Hotels of the World, The Michelangelo Hotel guarantees visitors a five-star stay whether spending the day to attend a conference, staying overnight or merely visiting for a breakfast, lunch or dinner meeting. The splendor of the hotel's Renaissance architecture in the heart of Sandton's business and leisure district, as well as the service excellence and world-class facilities on offer, sets The Michelangelo apart from its competitors. Built around a central atrium, guests enjoy the decadent use of space which gives the feeling of grandeur in an area where space is at a premium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Michelangelo Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Michelangelo Hotel Johannesburg
- Michelangelo Hotel Sandton, Greater Johannesburg