We stayed here for 1 night after the awful 14 hour flight from JFK. In great need of rest and pampering, The Michelangelo provided it all impeccably. Rooms large, king bed in one of ours and 2 twins in the other. Very comfortable. Both rooms had a sitting area with couch and armchairs. Bathroom again great. Sep. shower, bath etc. areas.
Gym is small but adequate. 2 treadmills and upright bikes, one recling bike, an elliptcal and something that moves sideways. Weights.
Pool looks beautiful, more for dipping than swimming. Sauna and steam are unisex. Had a fabulous massage in spa.
Archie the concierge is super helpful and arranged a drive for us to go to the Apartheid Museum and a mall for crafts. Also set up dinner reservations. There are many options in Nelson Mandela square which is right there.
Wifi in rooms, included in our rate.
Would stay again 100%
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A member of the Leading Hotels of the World, The Michelangelo Hotel guarantees visitors a five-star stay whether spending the day to attend a conference, staying overnight or merely visiting for a breakfast, lunch or dinner meeting. The splendor of the hotel's Renaissance architecture in the heart of Sandton's business and leisure district, as well as the service excellence and world-class facilities on offer, sets The Michelangelo apart from its competitors. Built around a central atrium, guests enjoy the decadent use of space which gives the feeling of grandeur in an area where space is at a premium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Michelangelo Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Michelangelo Hotel Johannesburg
- Michelangelo Hotel Sandton, Greater Johannesburg