“Remarkable experience at the amazing Michelangelo hotel”
Review of Michelangelo Hotel

Michelangelo Hotel
Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in Sandton
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We spent 2 glorious days at the amazing Michelangelo hotel recently! The combination of its design, location and amenities therein provides for an experience equally to none especially the Mandela square. However, what really made our stay remarkable and memorable was the staff in its variety! the hotel is blessed in that the entire staff genuinely enjoy their work and do everything they can to make one's stay comfortable and memorable. Having travelled around a bit, the hotel Staff makes the hotel a home awaya from home...GM Rosa and your staff are doing a splendid job for a splendid hotel! keep it up all of YOU! Kholi

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Mandela Square or his Statue are the best all round!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
MichelangeloSandton, General Manager at Michelangelo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Adrian Ntombo K,

We are honoured that your stay with us was so memorable and that we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for your kind comments.

We look forward to welcoming you “home” again soon.

There are newer reviews for Michelangelo Hotel

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed in the amazing Michelangelo hotel in the Sandton business and leisure district and on Nelson Mandela Square in February. We were a group of 7 from Houston who were to catch up with the rest of our group from various cities around the U.S. The plan was to stay here for two nights for some sightseeing before continuing our journey on to Cape Town. Our group of 7 got left behind due to bad weather in Washington so we only got to spend one night before cathing an early flight out. After two days of travel I was exhausted but after a long soak in the oversize jacuzzi tub I was ready to make the best of my one night here. I ventured out on my own and had a light dinner and a few drinks at the hotel’s Il Ritrovo Bar & Lounge. Then I went sightseeing at the connecting Sandton City shopping mall then out onto the Square where an imposing statue of Mandela towers over the Square. During the World Cup in 2010, there had been a huge count-down sign in this square exhibiting the number of days before the big event. I even stepped into a night club in the mall for a few minutes.

Although I didn't get to make the best of my stay due to time constraints, I would have loved to stay a few more days to enjoy their beautiful pool and other amenities the place has to offer.

Definitley a 5-star royalty type property.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
MichelangeloSandton, General Manager at Michelangelo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

Dear aarrtt

Thank you very much for your feedback. Our fantastic location does indeed offer our guests a plethora of activities and restaurants proudly watched over by our icon, Nelson Mandela.

We are thrilled that your stay was memorable and hope to see you again soon, next time for a longer stay.

Kind Regards

Reviewed September 22, 2012

The hotel has a spectacular central atrium with glass lifts, soaring ceilings and an Italian palazzo feel.Our room and en-suite were extremely comfortable providing all the amenities one would expect from a five-star hotel and the location on Nelson Mandela square couldn't be more perfect. But it was the staff and the service they provided that made our stay here so special.Large hotels can be formal and impersonal, but not this one:from the enthusiastic doorman who made us feel so welcome every time we returned to the hotel( every hotel should have a doorman like Conrad) to the friendly reception staff,the porters, Archie, the Concierge, the restaurant waiters, the staff in the Spa, everyone was so warm and friendly, and eager to please and be helpful, we just loved being there.We were truly made to feel like honoured and important guests. We will stay there when we return to Johannesburg, and would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
MichelangeloSandton, General Manager at Michelangelo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Dear Hazel P

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to post your review. We are delighted that the entire team made your experience with us a memorable and happy one.

I must confess that our atrium and the view from our glass lifts is indeed spectacular and working in such beautiful surroundings inspires much pride in The Michelangelo Hotel Team as you witnessed upon your arrival and time with us.

We look forward to sharing our warm and genuine hospitality with you again on your next visit.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

We are frequent visitors to the Michelango Hotel, Sandton, and decided to stay overnight for our anniversary.

The staff went to great lengths to ensure that our special day would be memorable, and my goodness, did they succeed! If we had had any expectations, they were by far exceeded!

To say that the staff at the Hotel, under the management of Roberto Rosa and his team comprising MArio, Heinrich Oberholser, Stephen, Sifanelo, Chef Andrew Atkinson, went out of their way, would be an absolute understatement, as nothing was too much trouble for them, even going to the lengths of baking a special cake!

We would definitely recommend the Michelangelo Sandton to celebrate any occasion - they embody the expression "service beyond expectation"!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
MichelangeloSandton, General Manager at Michelangelo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2012

Dear cpcresswell

Thank you for your kind words and ofcourse for sharing your special day with us. We are thrilled that your time at The Michelangelo Hotel was memorable and that we exceeded your expectations. It's a pleasure to see that the team's passion and committment to world class service is yielding positive results.

We look forward to spending many more happy and memorable times with you at our beautiful hotel.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Having stayed at this hotel for over a week,it is streaks ahead of any hotel in South Africa, with world class service, and beautiful classic surroundings, i would never stay anywhere else in JHB. From the moment you arrive, you are surrounded by efficient and friendly staff and managers, the service and food is wonderful.... I was treated as not just a guest, everyone knew my name, and made my trip wonderful'

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Judy L

Dear Judy L

Thank you very much indeed for your wonderful feedback. We constantly strive to offer the best possible levels of service to all our guests and your comments only reinforce our committment to this. I have passed your comments onto the whole team who are just as delighted as I am with your kind words.

We look forward to sharing our genuine hospitality with you again soon.

Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at numerous 5* hotels worldwide and found the level of service, cleanliness, comfort and attention to detail second to none at the Michelangelo.

The room was well furnished with complimentary High speed wifi 3Mbps provided and the marble bathroom was spacious with an oversized bath and generous shower.

The complimentary breakfast was excellent with choices like salmon, eggs and caviar! Even my toddler was provided with a feeding chair. I stayed with my wife and 2 children and would recommend this hotel to everyone who wants to experience real class.

• Stayed: September 2012
MichelangeloSandton, General Manager at Michelangelo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Dear swaziboy,

I am thrilled to see that the Michelangelo continues to receive such great feedback and any General Manager will be very happy to have such a great team.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

If you're like me, great service is just as important as the hotel. This place has it both. If you notice, the negative reviews haven't been in the past few months. I was reluctant myself, then found out there's a new GM and team in place. WOW! (one word description). The bellman Patrick (yes, I remember his name) made it obvious he loved his job and wanted to serve as he escorted me to my room. In terms of the room...I have fairly high standards in terms of a hotel that says, "five star". They delivered in every sense of the word. Beautiful room and it was nicely appointed. Very warm and welcoming after a 15 hour flight. The marble bathroom is what you expect and will not disappoint you. Although this was my first stay here, it certainly won't be my last. It's the Four Seasons of Sandton City. The lobby is luxurious and the breakfast was very upmarket. The head chef here one of the judges for Master Chef....that should tell you what to expect with your palette. No wonder this is one of the Leading Hotels of the World.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank brianparsley
MichelangeloSandton, General Manager at Michelangelo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Dear brianparsley,

I truely appreciate you having noticed the positive changes and my team and I remain commited and passionate in taking the Michelangelo to the No.1 spot up where it belongs!

Thank you for your kind feedback.