“premium 5 star hotel”
Review of Michelangelo Hotel

Michelangelo Hotel
Ranked #3 of 47 Hotels in Sandton
Reviewed January 20, 2012

we had 2 connecting rooms since i was travelling with my family. hotel location is great since it is connected to sandton city which is a huge mall with all your needs. you need approx. 3 days to get familiar with all services and shops in mall. must try their steaks in nelson mandela square since south africa is very famous in exporting steaks and wines. many attractions inside cinema halls,coffee shops,games,famous shops and all you could ask for. hotel is comfy and staff are very helpfull.it is a top class hotel with excellent services.
try food in indian resturant it is tasty.

Room Tip: book thru famous travel sites. choose rooms facing nelson mandella square.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,005)

Reviewed January 17, 2012

This time, it is Johannesburg. I stayed here in Jan 2012. I can say only one word about this hotel Äwesome, Grand, luxury at its best". I stayed last time in Michelangelo Towers and the same was before Soccer Tournament. This time, i was in Michelanglo Hotel near to Nelson Mandela Square. Breakfast is above average but not great. I had a room upgrade and room, bed and bathrooms were luxury. Internet speed was disappointing as it was taking very long for mail download. Given an option, I would have paid extra for high speed. Food is not a problem as there are a number of restaurant in Nelson Mandela Square so what ever your choice, Italian, Thai, Indian ENJOY it.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
MichelangeloSandton, Front Office Manager at Michelangelo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2012

Dear Surendra45

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at The Michelangelo Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

We have noted and will investigate the problems you experienced with Internet connectivity during your stay with us.

I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks.

Reviewed January 4, 2012

Very nice efficient hotel but just too overpowering, I do not need anyone to press the elevator button for me. Rooms very clean and functional plus if you face into Mandela Square very nice. Food was average but choice of fruit and juices was good. A bit overpriced for what you get and maybe just beginning to look its age

Room Tip: High up facing Mandela Square
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank John M
MichelangeloSandton, Front Office Manager at Michelangelo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2012

Dear John M

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at The Michelangelo Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback.

We do acknowledge that the classical Renaissance Style of the our Hotel does make it look somewhat aged, however we value all feedback and I will relay your comments to our team.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and it is my hope that you will allow us to serve you in the future.

Reviewed December 18, 2011

Great location, adjacent to Nelson Mandela Square. Lots of restaurants, cafes, bars and shops.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear slim_dusty

Reviewed December 4, 2011

60 min from gate to room assuming Gautrain in operation.

Perfect location but very pricey for amenities.

Could use overall in f/b and updating of rooms. Internet very slow.

• Stayed: November 2011

Dear traveljunkie042

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at The Michelangelo Hotel. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We have increased our bandwidth and are looking to introduce further changes, in order to increase the speed of our Internet.

We appreciate the time you took to share your concerns, It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed December 3, 2011

We stayed for two nights with a tour group. Room was comfortable with effective temperature control. Breakfast was good, if not spectacular. Location in Sandton is extremely convenient, just a block or two from the Gautrain station, offering rapid service direct to the airport. One feature of the hotel we especially appreciated was the "residents lounge." a place you could sit quietly, use wi-fi devices and if needed, take a shower in a miniature bathroom. Since most long distance flights to USA and Europe seem to leave in the evening, you could check out of your room at mid-day, do some business or sightseeing in the afternoon, and change clothes or shower at the hotel before leaving for the airport. Staff is helpful and pleasant. One more advantage: the shopping center attached to the hotel has one of the best English-language bookstores we have ever encountered anywhere.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PierCove
Reviewed November 3, 2011

On a recent two-week trip to South Africa, I had the chance to stay at the Michelangelo, which is well- located in Sandton at the Nelson Mandela Square. I eagerly anticipated my stay here since I had seen it from afar on prior visits to SAfrica and was curious about it. My more modern interior design tastes did not correspond well to the interior design of the room, unfortunately. Heavy and dark are the two descriptives that come to mind regarding the furniture, bed spread, drapes, and bathroom. While the bathroom could use some repair on its sink drainage, overall this was a clean and comfortable hotel, safe and secure, too. Also, the delicious breakfast spread is worthy of mention, and the hotel's close proximity to Joburg's largest mall is a plus for any shopper. After staying in two other gorgeous hotels in SA where I felt like I was in 5-star heaven, I'd give this a 4 overall. Bottom line: it's really a matter of taste.

• Stayed: September 2011