“Superb and affordable”

Ranked #29 of 48 Hotels in Sandton
dubai
“Superb and affordable”
Reviewed March 24, 2010

I went to Joburg on a business trip just for 2 days. and I did choose to stay in Town Lodge only for being it close by to my meeting place and budget. I checked in on 24th Jan and checked out on 26th Jan 2010. I found this lodge a very good and safe place for short stays. Its money's worth at that cheap cost! It was just $87/- a night. The interiors are very well maintained. Rooms arr quite big to accommodate 2 persons and have all basic needs like TV, tea/coffee maker, etc. with clean surroundings and hygienical toiltes/bathrooms.
I would difinitely love to stay there next time in April when I go to Joburg. Thumbs up for a value for money hotel.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
New York, New York
Reviewed December 20, 2008

I had a one night layover in Johannesburg on the way to Durban. (I'm a comedian and was performing in Durban.) I'm always suspicious of people who are trying to give you taxi rides from the airport, but I met a very nice fellow named Morris at Johannesburg airport. Morris recommended this hotel, and it was a bit of a hike to get to this hotel from the airport.

The price was surprisingly reasonable. The guy at the front desk laughed at all my jokes, which is always a good sign. The main thing I need when I'm on the road is quiet, and this hotel was definitely that.

The best part, however, was that I accidentally left my cell phone in my room, and the maid was kind enough to turn it in even though this represented a month's salary for her. I gave her a huge tip and she was beside herself with joy. So was I, as you can imagine!

The front desk staff were extremely friendly and helpful also.

I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Liked — Kind, helpful, friendly staff, security, quiet.
  • Disliked — Paid Internet access but all hotels in South Africa seemed to be this way.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank calrocker
Utah
Reviewed November 26, 2005

I'm a middle age woman and I travelled alone to South Africa and needed someplace safe, and comfortable. This hotel fit the bill. I stayed there two nights. The staff were very friendly and exceptionally helpful. There is no restaurant, although they serve a generous buffet breakfast in an attractive space, and breakfast was included in my room price. There is a free, gated/secured parking lot. The hotel is in a quiet suburb. I did not have a car, and there are no restuarants close by, (although there was a McDonald's and a KFC within walking distance) but there was an extensive "room service" menu, which I ordered from. Various local restaurants deliver to the hotel- cheaply and quickly. It was a good alternative.

The room was clean, although not large- would have been a squeeze for two. The bathroom was small but adequate for one person. There was internet access in the lobby, and a small bar, too.

Not luxurious but good value for money and I would stay there again.

3 Thank ramblingranny