From one extreme to the other! If you ever find yourself in Johannesburg avoid the town lodge in Sandton. We were far from warmly greeted. We ordered food which turned up about an hour later and freezing cold, as it was made somewhere else off the premises, it came wrapped in foil and all the sauce spilled onto my lap when I opened it and I’m not convinced the burger was cooked properly and I left most of it although I was hungry. We had to pay for Wi-Fi access and although we were able to put the charge for that and the meal on our rooms they couldn’t put the couple of beers we had onto our room and they wanted cash not cards… suspicious! To add insult, I get to my cold poky room to find that the heater doesn’t seem to work and there’s an empty condom box on the bed side table (at least some one enjoyed themselves here). If it wasn’t so late and I wasn’t in a strange city with a couple of beers inside me I would have checked out straight away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A patio overlooking the swimming pool makes the hotel a relaxing spot in the hub of Sandton. Situated within close proximity to the M1 motorway with easy access to all major routes, 3 minutes drive to the shopping centres of Sandton City and Village Walk and a 30 minute drive from O.R.Tambo International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Town Lodge Sandton-Grayston Drive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Town Lodge Sandton-Grayston Drive Hotel Sandton
- Town Lodge Sandton-Grayston Drive Greater Johannesburg