I stayed at the City Lodge Bryanston for business for a few nights and overall thought it was okay. I would stay there again if I have to be in the area, but not without shopping for some snacks. For a basic business hotel it was fine, but the lack of real food is problematic unless you want to use the (somewhat expensive) taxi service to drive you around town. Service was good, not exceptional, but perfectly pleasant.
I don't remember much about the decor, and I don't really care that much if the room is functional, which I remember it was. The internet service was okay, I was able to use video conferencing, check email and download attachments as needed.
- Breakfast food was mediocre and could use some additional vegetarian options
- The food delivery service the hotel uses was pretty poor, this is not the fault of the hotel but rather of the vendor - it took me ages to track someone down on the phone who actually understood what ingredients were in the food I was trying to order. Ended up ordering a pizza on the one night I didn't have a dinner meeting - not very happy about that in this day and age. A better service could help patch up the lack of real food at the hotel in the evening for guests that don't have time to run around to restaurants.
The location is close to a small mall with several restaurants, but if you're not driving while you're staying there, it can be a bit of a hassle, especially when you're dealing with being in meetings all day then jumping on conference calls.
Overall, for the price point I would stay there again, but I would have to load up on snacks and have a plan in mind for heading out to dinner. It provides enough in the way of services for the business traveler on a budget, but if you need more than basic services, you will probably want to stay somewhere that has more amenities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel is built on the site of an old nursery, with a well manicured garden and sparkling swimming pool. Within walking distance of many restaurants and across the road from the Sandton Clinic. It is also equipped with a fitness room, meeting room and a swimming pool and is conveniently located 10 minutes from the N1 Western Bypass, 3 minutes from Randburg’s CBD and shopping area, and 10 minutes from Sandton’s CBD and shopping centres. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Orbitz, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your City Lodge Hotel Bryanston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- City Lodge Bryanston Hotel Sandton
- City Hotel Bryanston
- City Lodge Hotel Bryanston Sandton, Greater Johannesburg