“Dirty is an understatement” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Don Sandton III

Don Sandton III
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sandton
Don Sandton III
Ranked #40 of 49 Hotels in Sandton
Bloemfontein
“Dirty is an understatement”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2010

I was booked at the Don Sandton 3 from 25 Dec to 27 Dec - 3 bedroom suite. I am disgusted, to say the least!

Firstly, I called at around 12:30 ON 25 Dec to ask if I could check in earlier than 14:00. The receptionist kindly told me it was not possible as they were still cleaning the room. I understood.

We got to the hotel around 14:30 - exhausted - we had driven from Bloemfontein. The first thing that caught my eye when we parked in front of the hotel was the dirty and cracked windows of the rooms facing the road.

When we got to the reception, the lady said that we should wait another hour as the rooms were not ready. My family and I were exhausted and we become agitated - to wait an hour was no joke. I than noticed the pool - it was green and extremely dirty - the receptionist said they would clean it. She than managed to get us a room about 15min later and charged my the fee of R3700.00 for the 2 nights.

When I got into the apartment I was shocked! The door handles were sticky and full of grime. The courtyard was horribly dirty - full of sand and leaves and papers. The carpets were filthy with sand all over and ugly brown dirty patches all over. The rooms had a damp smell and the baths had brown grime all around. The bedroom window was broken and covered with tape and their were spider webs all over. The dust and dirt on the windows were not appelaing at all. The stench in the toilet was terrible. The only clan place was the kitchen. The beds and lounge suite had fleas and you could smell the dust. The light fittings were covered in spider webs. There was no way we were going to stay there.

I called for the manageress who came and asked me to fill in a complaint form after I showed her the place. I asked for a full refund and we booked at another hotel. My refund was granted - we left - no apology, no comments from your staff nothing.

On the website you advertise so brilliantly, but how deceiving. For a 3 star and for the amount of money we paid, I expect a clean place at least. What about your pride? How do you run your place? You certainly have lost me as a customer for life, non of my relatives and friends will stay with you either and the word will certainly get around. Clearly you are not keen on your business.

How sad and what a disastrous weekend for my family and I because we trusted what they showed us on the web.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
2 Thank noorbhfb

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Borrego Springs, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Don Suites III in Sandton for about three weeks. During that time, we upgraded from a studio room, to a one-bedroom suite, to a two-bedroom suite...and each accommodation was extremely comfortable. The staff are amazingly friendly, and the rooms are spotlessly clean. Breakfast is delicious, and the ladies who cook make you feel as if you're home in your own mother's kitchen. There is very limited room service, but many of the restaurants in the area will deliver. It is about a five minute safe walk to Village Walk, a nice shopping mall with a grocery store, good restaurants in a variety or price ranges, ATM's, etc. You can also walk to Sandton City from here, one of the premier shopping destinations in South Africa. I loved all the trees on the property. There is a pool, but no gym. Across the street is one of the best restaurants in South Africa, Auberge Michel, as well as Hyundai Sky Park where you can ride a tethered helium balloon 400 feet up for a great view of Johannesburg. This will also be a "fan zone" for the 2010 Soccer World Cup. This is a comfy, homey place where you will be warmly welcomed and treated like family. We really loved staying here and highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business