After researching numerous hotels in the Joberg area, we selected the Hilton. Two factors affected our choice 1) the reliabilty of the Hilton chain / the consistent standards they hold and 2) the price. Good and SAFE hotels in Joberg areas are much higher in price than many areas we have traveled overseas, however, the Hilton in Sandton was reasonably priced (under $200USD/nite). The location in the burbs was good about 30 minuted from the international airport by cab (about a $50-65 USD cost for transfer) and the hotel is near Nelson Mandela Square and the mall. There are plentyof restaurants around the hotel as well as plenty of shoppes. We felt relatively safe when walking even at night in this area. The Hilton itself is a very elegant hotel. The staff was very accomodating and attentive to our needs. The restaurant served great breakfasts and our room was very nicely appointed. The decor was wonderful and kept extremely clean. Towels and linens were soft and plush unlike at many upscale hotels there. The bed was comfortable and the noise level in the room was great, meaning we did not hear people in the hallways at night etc... Overall we really liked this hotel, and we would most likely stay here when we retunr if a room is available.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Sandton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Sandton Hotel Sandton
- Hilton International Sandton
- Sandton Hilton International
- Hilton Sandton Greater Johannesburg