“Great Location”

Ranked #13 of 47 Hotels in Sandton
Perth, Australia
“Great Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

Stayed here for three days prior to our safari.
Great service, nice rooms, buffet breakfast was good with some nice local twists.
Staff couldnt do enough for you and is centrally located and easy to get to Mandella Square for shopping or meals.
There does seem to be some plumbing issues and the internet is thankfully being updated as this is written so hopefully no more issues there.
Would be happy to stay here again.
Note to housekeeping, more pillow options required.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Mr / Ms Perthguy 6,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Hilton prides itself with guests like you, to make you feel at home while being away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their wellbeing very seriously and always hope to meet the guests’ expectations.

Mr / Ms Perthguy 6, I apologize for not having a variety of pillows available upon request. I thank you for your feedback and we will look into the opportunity to have further options available.

Regarding your internet service, you might have been informed that we have changed over to a new internet provider in January, and unfortunately we were experiencing some teething problems.
In the meantime our 6 meg line has been successfully upgrade to currently 10 meg, which results in a magnificent improvement of quality and speed, and within the next few days we will have our system upgraded to a 20 meg line.

Mr / Ms Perthguy 6, we are pleased to see that you enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank you once more for bringing to our attention the service you had received from our team members and it will be my absolute pleasure to share the same with the team accordingly. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile and we all are looking forward to welcoming you back again to the Hilton Sandton in the near future.

If I can be of any assistance for you in the meantime, please do contact me at any given time. It will be always a pleasure to assist.

HEIDI KLEINE MOELLER I Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Cape Town, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

The Hilton Hotel in Sandton is absolutely my favorite venue. Not only is the Hotel classy and clean but the staff move heaven and earn to make me feel welcome. Everyone has a smile on their face and it is a pleasure to stay there every time. I particularly enjoyed the breakfast and the downstairs lounge/bar where I like to have all my business meetings.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Mr Moshe A,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton once more and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by you, and this time with regards to the amazing stay you had with us in particular.

Hilton prides itself with guests like you having the feeling of being at home while away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their wellbeing very seriously and always hope to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations.

Mr Moshe A, we are delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank you once more for bringing to our attention the great service you had received from our team members and it will be my absolute pleasure to share the same with the team accordingly. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

We all are looking forward to welcoming you back again to the Hilton Sandton in the near future.

Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

This otherwise nice hotel is tainted by plumbing problems in one wing. I wake up early and am probably the first guest taking a shower in the morning. The issue with room #152 (and I bet this entire wing of the hotel) is it is far from the water boiler and the water pipes collect a lot of cooled water overnight. The water never seems to warm up. When I had the hotel engineer inspect the shower he just advised me to turn on all three bathroom faucets (shower, bath and sink) and let water run for 5+ minutes. What a waste! I asked to move to a room closer to the boiler, and in this room (#132) the hot water came out within 30 seconds....much better.

The week I was there the hotel transitioned to a new internet provider and the new internet service sucked (would connect but data didn't move). I hope that will be corrected quickly.

The staff is courteous and friendly. Other than my water problem, fixed by a room move, and the (temporary?) internet service problems, I enjoyed the stay

Room Tip: if you shower early, avoid room 152 and probably that entire wing of the hotel
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Mr Karmor,

Mr Karmor, I would like to convey my humble apology for not having hot water in your room, and the water not heating up as quickly as required. Please be assured that we have taken your feedback very seriously and are currently working on a solution to this matter.

As you mentioned we have changed over to a new internet provider mid January, however unfortunately we were experiencing some unforeseen teething problems.
I do understand your frustration being dependent on good internet services, and not being able to work. Unfortunately our problems lied with our new provider; hence our hands were tied. In the meantime our 6 meg line has been successfully upgraded to currently 10 meg, which resulted now in a magnificent improvement of quality and speed, and soon we will have upgraded our system up to a 20 meg line. In the meantime please be assured that we do our level best to get the last hiccups sorted soonest.

Mr Karmor, we are pleased to see that you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us and I would like to thank you for bringing to our attention the service you had received from our team members. It will be my absolute pleasure to share the same with the team accordingly. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

Taupo, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

My sister and I stayed here in early December for 4 nights. We really enjoyed our stay, loved the big rooms and found them very comfortable. Internet is expensive; however I am pleased to see that there is now free internet in the public areas. Breakfast was included in our room rate and as usual the Hilton Breakfast didn’t disappoint. There was lots of choice and we especially loved all the fresh fruit available. The free shuttle bus to Mandela Square was great.

Our main highlight was the team members. From when we first checked in, most were very friendly, helpful and accommodating. We would like to mention Justin in the restaurant and Sanjay on the Front Desk, both of whom especially looked after us throughout our stay. The surprize birthday cake and balloons was a very special touch, so thank you to all those involved.

We look forward to staying at the Hilton Sandton again next time we visit South Africa.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Dear Mr & Ms AKKLT-GM,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and secondly for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by you.

Mr & Ms AKKLT-GM, we at Hilton Sandton pride ourselves with the breakfast we serve and we are delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us. I would like to thank you once more for bringing to our attention the great service you had received from our team members and it will be my absolute pleasure to share the same with the team accordingly. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

Mr & Ms AKKLT-GM, we all are looking forward to welcoming you back again to the Hilton Sandton in the near future.

Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

The Hilton Sandton delivered with the high standard that we have come to expect from the Hilton brand. Staff at all levels are extremely helpful and professional. We had a very enjoyable stay at this hotel with excellent experiences in the restaurant during our visits for breakfasts (very comprehensive offering) and dinner. We will definitely choose the Hilton Sandton on future visits to South Africa.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr Adrian D.,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by you, and this time with regards to the amazing stay you had with us in particular.

We are delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank you once more for bringing to our attention the great service you had received from our team members and it will be my absolute pleasure to share the same with the team accordingly. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

Mr Adrian D, we all are looking forward to welcoming you back again to the Hilton Sandton in the near future.

Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

Two night stay for a meeting.
The meeting ran well overall and the food provided was excellent but the staff had some problems having the set ready for predetermined breaks. This led to a challenge when we had a working lunch and expected attendees to give the buffet a run and head back to the room with a plate of food.
Shuttle buses to shopping and Mandela Place are provided.
The internet issues here are well described on TA - mine was paid for but patchy leading to intermittent email blackouts and difficulty undertaking simply internet transactions. I tried Skype but gave up.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr/Ms Doesnotgetoutmuch,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton during your recent visit to Johannesburg, and secondly thank you for sharing your valuable and honest feedback with us. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well-being very seriously and always hope to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations.

However it is obvious that we failed to do so in some areas during your stay, and I would like to sincerely apologize for the experience you had during your function. Please be assured that your feedback has been addressed with our Executive Chef and Food & Beverage Manager in the meantime, as such inconvenience never should have happened in the first place and have to be prevented in the future.

With regards to the internet, I would like to inform, that as of Tuesday this week we are able to offer complementary internet in our public areas, and for our Gold and Diamond members internet is offered complementary for all devises. At the same time we have increased our bandwidth, hence we could improve significantly on speed and quality at the same time.
I truly regret any inconvenience caused to you. However, though I am not able to undo the negative impression received, I would highly appreciate if you would give us another chance to prove to you, that we can do much better than what you recently have experienced.

Please be assured that we do look forward to a continued relationship with you, and we all are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton in sunny South Africa in the near future.

In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance for you, please do contact me at any given time. It will be always my pleasure to assist.

cambridge
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

Well located hotel near Sandton City and Mandela Square. Rooms fair size although no views. Breakfast included in rate - good choice of things for breakfast. Staff pleasant but sometimes lacking in knowledge. Free shuttle bus to Madela Square very handy if you don't have a rental car but even if you do then good to use this in the evenings to go to restaurants.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank gwynnethv
Dear Ms Gwynnethv,

Ms Gwynnethv, thank you for bringing it to our attention the concern of the training level of our team members. We will relook at our training level, especially for our new team members in order to improve on our high service levels to avoid any reoccurrence.

Ms Gwynnethv, we are delighted to see that overall you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

Kind regards